Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Seems steep at first glance, but Penguins fans seem happy with him.

If he was still here, he’d be stuck on the third pair with Holzer.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
And he would struggle to develop like all our defenseman do. Happy for him, but he wouldn’t be the same player here as he is in Pittsburgh
He certainly wasn't looking bad here, but if that's true (not saying it isn't) we have much bigger problems than drafting the right guys. All of these guys need good/proper development.

Reactions: Exit Dose

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
He certainly wasn't looking bad here, but if that's true (not saying it isn't) we have much bigger problems than drafting the right guys. All of these guys need good/proper development.
I've been saying for awhile we have trouble developing talent into their best abilities. It's gone downhill ever since Randy came back.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Gio throwing out more knees. He’s a modern day Bryan Marchment. Someone needs to end his career before he seriously hurts someone. Piece of shit.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I don't know what's wrong with him, he wasn't like this at first but now Giordano has really become a Bryan Marchment type of POS. f*** him, where's an old school enforcer when you need him?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Hertl done for the year with a torn ACL/MCL. That sucks, he's one of the Sharks players I really like. But karma has hit them with a sledge hammer after last year's playoffs.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I haven’t paid much attention to NJ this year but am watching the Preds game atm and cant help but notice that Subban can’t even skate any more. I knew he was having a rough year but his decline is real - he’s skating like Corey Perry.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Hertl done for the year with a torn ACL/MCL. That sucks, he's one of the Sharks players I really like. But karma has hit them with a sledge hammer after last year's playoffs.
sharks are in for rough few years. Their prospects aren't all that good, and that got some awful contracts that can't be moved, plus no 1st this year. this is basically a completely wasted year for them.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
sharks are in for rough few years. Their prospects aren't all that good, and that got some awful contracts that can't be moved, plus no 1st this year. this is basically a completely wasted year for them.
and they just got blanked 3-0 by the Lightning. They are pretty much headed to bottom 5 finish without Hertl The Turtle.
In season stats they have scored only 2 more goals than the Ducks but in one more game played, if the Ducks score 3 in their next game they surpass the Sharks offense.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Sharks if they address their goaltending will be fine next season. The majority of their bad seasons have come from forwards who are young enough that you would expect to bounce back. Burns contract isn’t great but he still has value if they want to move him, Vlasics contract is an absolute anchor but every team has one of those.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sharks if they address their goaltending will be fine next season. The majority of their bad seasons have come from forwards who are young enough that you would expect to bounce back. Burns contract isn’t great but he still has value if they want to move him, Vlasics contract is an absolute anchor but every team has one of those.

I imagine Doug Wilson is praying that he can bribe Seattle/Francis into absorbing one of his bad contracts, such as Jones or Kane...

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I imagine Doug Wilson is praying that he can bribe Seattle/Francis into absorbing one of his bad contracts, such as Jones or Kane...
Jones and Vlasic are their 2 anchors. Kane isn't really that bad of a contract right now. If he starts falling off then ya that'll look bad

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I imagine they just buy out Jones in the offseason. The cap hit ranges from $1.6M to $2.9M for the next 8 years but that’s better than having a $5.75M cap for a backup goalie for 4 years.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Jones and Vlasic are their 2 anchors. Kane isn't really that bad of a contract right now. If he starts falling off then ya that'll look bad

With Kane I was thinking the long game -- what are the odds on him playing at current level for 5 more years after this one? Knowing the game he plays (on pace for 160 PIMs this season), I'm not that confident he'll age much better than a guy like Simmonds, for example...

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
SJ has other holes they need to fill: they need a new 3C to replace Thornton who will surely retire
and it won't be cheap because a younger 3C isn't gonna give them a discount.

They also need talented young Dmen who are on entry level deals or bridge deals that won't take up much of their cap so that they can lessen Vlasic's ice time.
Kane is easier to move than the other guys which is the main reason they should move him and they will get a better return as well.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean obviously Montour isn't that bad, but man, I have no idea what I could say to that if I played for the Sabres.

Sabres continue their rebuild into the next decade. This is why I don’t want Anaheim to do a full rebuild. Lol.

Reactions: Paul4587
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad