Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
speaking of ovi, i remembered his first career hat trick came against the ducks so i found video of it on YT

does anyone know who's doing pbp with ahlers in this video? hayward must've called out sick that night or something. is it brent severyn?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
speaking of ovi, i remembered his first career hat trick came against the ducks so i found video of it on YT

does anyone know who's doing pbp with ahlers in this video? hayward must've called out sick that night or something. is it brent severyn?

Yeah, that's Severyn. I still miss him on the radio. Dan seems like a nice guy but he's just such a kermit-voiced goober I can't get past it.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
It seems like Jay Bouwmeester may have played his last NHL game.

Apparently the condition was serious enough that he had to have an ICD put in (which to my understanding as a non-medical person is basically a permanent pacemaker), which itself pretty much prevents you from doing any rigorous physical activity as that activity could end up dislodging it.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
It seems like Jay Bouwmeester may have played his last NHL game.

Apparently the condition was serious enough that he had to have an ICD put in (which to my understanding as a non-medical person is basically a permanent pacemaker), which itself pretty much prevents you from doing any rigorous physical activity as that activity could end up dislodging it.

That's a pretty big change in a life of an athlete.

Reactions: Arthuros

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
f***ing Panthers have gift wrapped the Leafs that final playoff spot. That team outside of Barkov and Huberdeau is an absolute mess.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Alex Newhook has something like 32 points in last 22 games in the NCAA and is on an absolute tear apparently. Might have to get in conversation for the best performing 19' draftees so far despite a WJC cut

Reactions: Getz2noone

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
A couple of significant moves by the Devils today, sending Greene to the NYI and Coleman to the Avs.

I haven't seen the return on the second deal, but the Greene trade is yet another indicator of a seller's market this year.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
A couple of significant moves by the Devils today, sending Greene to the NYI and Coleman to the Avs.

I haven't seen the return on the second deal, but the Greene trade is yet another indicator of a seller's market this year.

Tampa.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ok, so Drai have quietly taken over the league? He paces the competition with quite a few more points than anyone else, also McDavid.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Ok, so Drai have quietly taken over the league? He paces the competition with quite a few more points than anyone else, also McDavid.

It does help that McDavid is injured. No but seriously, Draisaitl is so good and now his contract looks very good, even a bargain. Hopefully he wins Art Ross this season. Although as a Duck fan it is a bit depressing that Draisaitl has 95 points while the top two Duck players combine for 72 points...

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

He’s not better than McDavid or MacKinnon but you can make a case he’s the third best player in the league atm.

Only reason he’s outproducing McDavid is because when the two got split up Draisaitl was given good linemates in RNH and Yamamoto where as McDavid was given bottom 6 scrubs to work with. Obviously it’s easier to produce with a 70 point player and a promising winger than it is with the likes of Kassian, Archibald, Chiasson etc.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kings got a very good prospect and 2nd for Toffoli
Yeah, Madden didn`t had big numbers in USHL and just hit the ground running in NCAA.

In 2018 we picked 14 picks before Madden was picked and we took Groulx, btw. But this shows you can find promising prospects in mid-rounds as well. We have hit some home runs but we still have a room for improvement.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He’s not better than McDavid or MacKinnon but you can make a case he’s the third best player in the league atm.

Only reason he’s outproducing McDavid is because when the two got split up Draisaitl was given good linemates in RNH and Yamamoto where as McDavid was given bottom 6 scrubs to work with. Obviously it’s easier to produce with a 70 point player and a promising winger than it is with the likes of Kassian, Archibald, Chiasson etc.
Aside from Draisaitl the Germans have gotten better recently at producing prospects, Seider last year and Stuzle for this years top 10 in the draft.'
Does Germany quietly have a better future of NHL talent than Switzerland ?
Atm their NHL goalies are Greiss and Grubauer while Switzerland has seen their guys leave the NHL in Berra & Hiller.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Aside from Draisaitl the Germans have gotten better recently at producing prospects, Seider last year and Stuzle for this years top 10 in the draft.'
Does Germany quietly have a better future of NHL talent than Switzerland ?
Atm their NHL goalies are Greiss and Grubauer while Switzerland has seen their guys leave the NHL in Berra & Hiller.

There's another German who is a potential 1st rounder this year as well, John-Jason Peterka.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yup, Kings are doing the right thing. They also have five more rentals to move out for picks (Trevor Lewis, Tim Schaller, Derek Forbort, Ben Hutton, Joakim Ryan).

I might agree they're doing the right thing for them(to an extent), but comparing the two approaches between the two SoCal teams is gonna be interesting. Very different situations require different approaches but I definitely wouldn't trade spots.

To be honest I really don't get the Martinez move, unless there's more to it we're not aware of yet. And with that, someone still needs to play for them. Not sure throwing in a Clague and/or Bjornfot into that mess is something that makes sense.

Reactions: Kalv and dracom

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
After the trade of Dillon and the Sharks shutting down Karlsson for the year their top 6D looks like this:
Vlasic/Burns
Pile-Of/Junk
Garbage/Wasteland

If they still had Braun and DeMelo their D would at least have 2 pairings and play the 3rd pair very little.
Guess who turns 30 this may: Karlsson.

As bad as Murray is, at least he moved Pronger, Whitney and Viz at the right time.
I can't see Doug Wilson surviving this mess without being fired.
Sharks are run like the LA Angels of Anaheim, going all in like the Halos in 08 and 09 and after that they crashed and burned in 2010, 11, 12, 13 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad