Around the league 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
The more time goes on, the more I am incredibly grateful that the John Carlson to Vegas rumor never came to fruition. Dude is an absolute monster. Yes, he has weapons that many can only dream of, but dude is unquestionably the best PP QB in the league IMO.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The more time goes on, the more I am incredibly grateful that the John Carlson to Vegas rumor never came to fruition. Dude is an absolute monster. Yes, he has weapons that many can only dream of, but dude is unquestionably the best PP QB in the league IMO.
Best late bloomer D-man in the league for sure. For his first 4 or so seasons he was cam fowler-ish averaging around 32 to 37 points per season.
Twice he had 37 points in 82 games in seperate seasons then he had his big breakout season where he had 55 points in 82 games. Then had back to back 68+ point seasons.

Maybe Fowler can still become better a 45 to 50 point guy under Eakins & given the new high scoring NHL era we are in, its possible.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He’s exceptional. Worth every penny and probably more

Reactions: Mr Rogers

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Best late bloomer D-man in the league for sure. For his first 4 or so seasons he was cam fowler-ish averaging around 32 to 37 points per season.
Twice he had 37 points in 82 games in seperate seasons then he had his big breakout season where he had 55 points in 82 games. Then had back to back 68+ point seasons.

Maybe Fowler can still become better a 45 to 50 point guy under Eakins & given the new high scoring NHL era we are in, its possible.

For Fowler to be putting up numbers like that we'd need to be a team that actually has forwards that can score.

We don't have a single person anymore with the capability of an Ovechkin/Backstrom/Kuznetsov. We barely have anyone close to the likes of their 2nd line lol

Reactions: 11Justin93

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Watchin Risto - I still hope he`d somehow land in Anaheim. But seeing that he`s also Sabres top player by TOI with a good margin, I bet they will try to keep him as much as possible. I actually think he and Lindholm and Fowler with Manson would work the best. But oh well, that`s a pipe dream.

Reactions: 11Justin93

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
For Fowler to be putting up numbers like that we'd need to be a team that actually has forwards that can score.

We don't have a single person anymore with the capability of an Ovechkin/Backstrom/Kuznetsov. We barely have anyone close to the likes of their 2nd line lol
And a shot....

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Don Cherry thread is going to be great reading on the main board for anyone who wants some entertainment. I feel sorry for any mods having to police that dumpster fire :laugh:

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Don Cherry thread is going to be great reading on the main board for anyone who wants some entertainment. I feel sorry for any mods having to police that dumpster fire :laugh:

I lived in Canada for 4 years and never wore a poppy mostly because I was confused on how it worked. I know what the poppy stands for but they would lay a tray of poppies out and have a collection bin for money; no signs, no guidance. I never knew how much to donate and I was too socially awkward to ask. Like what is the appropriate amount of money to pay for the luxury of stabbing your chest on a daily basis?

Reactions: mightyquack

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Kings telling Kovalchuk he won't be playing anytime soon.

Does the mysterious drug bust come next? Or will they reach into their bag of tricks for a new way to get out of the cap hit?

Reactions: dracom

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Does the mysterious drug bust come next? Or will they reach into their bag of tricks for a new way to get out of the cap hit?
That 3 year deal was awful the minute it was signed

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Cale Makar is starting to feel it and my lord is he good.

Makar will be the best offensive D in the league, if he isn't already. Dynamic. The Avs have a great team together. I wish we would have such a player to pair with Hampus.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Makar will be the best offensive D in the league, if he isn't already. Dynamic. The Avs have a great team together. I wish we would have such a player to pair with Hampus.

He definitely still has a ways to go yet. Carlson the past three seasons has that title and E Karlsson is still lighting it up offensively. Plus there are a few more who are up there with those two.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
On the + side... nattinen is completely lighting it up in finland(think hes up to 20 points in 16 games)…. sigh hopefully doesn't end up another karlsson late bloomer.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Kings are a mess, but they make the Russian guy with the big contract the scapegoat.

Their cup winning core is old and worn down, and their entry level/RFA age (20-26) players are meh. They do have good 18-19 year old prospects and potentially the 1st overall pick in 2020 to look forward to.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
0000.jpg

Somebody just posted this on the Leafs board. That town is going crazy over the team this year. Babs is the new RC of the NHL. I'm lovin' it! :biglaugh:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's not a Leafs season if they aren't completely overreacting at some point.
So very true. But I think they're warming up the tar and feathers right now for Babs, Dubas, and Shanny. In that order I think. Expectations for that team could not have been higher once all their future HOFers were signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad