GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Dallas was given a golden opportunity with a 4 on 3 pp and they did f*** all. TB was just better.
Like hell. Tampa had 4 PP's in this game, only one of them was a penalty.

Johnson milked that call in OT as well and was laughing about it on the bench. The same guy that took out Hintz on a rat dirty play and that should have had a major penalty and a game misconduct takes a dive in OT to get his team the big W.

Dallas won the EV battle 4-2. But Tampa gets 3PP goals, thanks officials for fictional calls.

Dallas was the better team tonight grinding it out. Dallas has 3 pk players injured, out of the playoffs. NHL responds by making sure Tampa has a PP regularly.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
How about the time Goodrow got highsticked with no call.

Highsticks get missed all of the time (they shouldn’t, but they do). That was one of the most obvious swallowed whistles I’ve seen this playoffs. It was like 1 vs 3 power plays until the game was nearly over. It looks even now but the reffing put Tampa back into the game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah just ignore what I said about the absolute travesty of a Johnson hit. If he did that to an Oiler this board would be calling him the next Turtle

Theres absolutely no doubt people would be calling for his head. Johnson is a dirty f*** who does this kind of punk play regularly. Would take that guy and just pound his face silly. Don't care about the major. But I'd do it in regular season. If ever a guy deserved a spear to the face.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Who cares man? That’s ancient history. It’s not a real, lasting rivalry.

Perry and Seguin vs most of the Lightning being hateable makes it an easy choice for me. Tired of hearing about how great that f***ing team is too, people acted like they were a dynasty and this one cup will make it even worse.
So good teams don't deserve the Cup? What happens if/when our team gets to that level? We shouldn't win either then.

It's sometimes nice seeing elite teams who drafted well and developed their players properly actually get to the top. Otherwise, what's the point.

They also don't have straight up assholes on their team.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Highsticks get missed all of the time (they shouldn’t, but they do). That was one of the most obvious swallowed whistles I’ve seen this playoffs. It was like 1 vs 3 power plays until the game was nearly over. It looks even now but the reffing put Tampa back into the game.

Yep. Whenever Tampa needed a PP to get back in the game they got one. On completely bogus calls. I already reviewed several plays where Tampa wasn't called. How do you haul a guy down on a breakaway and not get a penalty. I mean I'm just saying. Dallas scored anyway, surprised they didn't find a way to call the goal back.

NHL gifted this one to Tampa. Ref a typical whistle in pockets playoff game and Dallas wins this one walking away. But NHL knows Dallas Pk is completely decimated, and one more, Hintz out today.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So good teams don't deserve the Cup? What happens if/when our team gets to that level? We shouldn't win either then.

It's sometimes nice seeing elite teams who drafted well and developed their players properly actually get to the top. Otherwise, what's the point.

Johnson, Killorn are not straight up aholes? You gotta be kidding me. Killorn has sure toned down his act though. Must have got tuned in a lot over the last few seasons. He's not half the punk he used to be.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Like hell. Tampa had 4 PP's in this game, only one of them was a penalty.

Johnson milked that call in OT as well and was laughing about it on the bench. The same guy that took out Hintz on a rat dirty play and that should have had a major penalty and a game misconduct takes a dive in OT to get his team the big W.

Dallas won the EV battle 4-2. But Tampa gets 3PP goals, thanks officials for fictional calls.

Dallas was the better team tonight grinding it out. Dallas has 3 pk players injured, out of the playoffs. NHL responds by making sure Tampa has a PP regularly.
TB was given an opportunity, and they capitalized. What are they supposed to do? Tell the refs "no, we shouldn't get a powerplay". The refs incompetence is out of their control.

And the EV game doesn't happen in isolation. PPs and PKs affects the EV game and vice versa.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't know anybody can say the officiating was biased one way or the other. I only saw the 3rd and OT but the refs were atrocious for both sides. No call on Goodrow getting high sticked right in the line of sight of the ref, Point getting called for embellishment after getting hit in the balls, Benn penalized for being stronger than a midget. The reffing usually sucks (in all sports really) but for an important game like this, they were a travesty for both sides.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011

As a ‘neutral observer’ if I wanted the stacked team to win I’d invest more time in basketball. Newsflash to everyone, you actually want Dallas to win because that’s likely how good this team (Oilers) will be during McDrai’s prime. They won’t be stacked like the Lightning because they won’t be able to (not enough players coming in the pipe, no favourable taxes to sign existing players for a song, McDrai cap hits as well, etc).

f*** em, that’s why. I can admit they have ‘earned’ it now after embarrassing themselves last year (and learning to be better) and ‘underachieving’ years before. It’s looking like they’ll win which is what it is, I’m no huge fan of Dallas but I think the storyline is better and it’s more interesting. These two teams are actually fairly evenly matched despite what the haters say.

They don’t? Johnson, Killorn, Doucherov to name a few?

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackDogg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
TB was given an opportunity, and they capitalized. What are they supposed to do? Tell the refs "no, we shouldn't get a powerplay". The refs incompetence is out of their control.

And the EV game doesn't happen in isolation. PPs and PKs affects the EV game and vice versa.

Its just that Tampa almost always gets favorable officiating. Theres a play in the first period where Dallas turned the puck over because the outlet guy got drilled 3 seconds before the puck arrived, turnover, Tampa almost scores. That kind of thing happens routinely and Tampa gets away with it all the time. If you're a lightning you can hit a guy without the puck anytime. its awfully frustrating for the opponent.

That call on cogliano in a crucial game 4 in a cup final. lmfao. Dallas already ahve 4 pk players out, they call the bogus penalty on Cogs and Dallas has to draw straws to see who goes out.

Seguin gets completely hauled down on a breakway. No call. Hedman gets the slightest tap on his wrist, and refs arm shoots up right away. f***.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011

The argument isn’t that they’re scoring on the PPs. The argument was they didn’t deserve half of them.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As a ‘neutral observer’ if I wanted the stacked team to win I’d invest more time in basketball. Newsflash to everyone, you actually want Dallas to win because that’s likely how good this team will be during McDrai’s prime. They won’t be stacked like the Lightning because they won’t be able to (not enough players coming in the pipe, no favourable taxes to sign existing players for a song, McDrai cap hits as well, etc).

f*** em, that’s why. I can admit they have ‘earned’ it now after embarrassing themselves last year (and learning to be better) and ‘underachieving’ years before. It’s looking like they’ll win which is what it is, I’m no huge fan of Dallas but I think the storyline is better and it’s more interesting. These two teams are actually fairly evenly matched despite what the haters say.

They don’t? Johnson, Killorn, Doucherov to name a few?

Doucherov. lmao. But true.

Tampa milks calls like a bunch of soccer players diving. In one sequence in this series Kucherov tried to milk 3 different calls on the same zone posssesion, finally got one. Its what he does all the time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't know anybody can say the officiating was biased one way or the other. I only saw the 3rd and OT but the refs were atrocious for both sides. No call on Goodrow getting high sticked right in the line of sight of the ref, Point getting called for embellishment after getting hit in the balls, Benn penalized for being stronger than a midget. The reffing usually sucks (in all sports really) but for an important game like this, they were a travesty for both sides.

you didnt watch the game but you can't see how the officiating was biased.

Ridiculous. Tyler Johnson threw his stick at Hintz skates as he was going for a puck along the boards and then as Hintz tripped on Johnsons stick Johnson pile drived into him and hintz banged his head on the boards and body slam to boot. Hintz was out for the game on the dirtiest play of the series. No call. Not even 2minutes. Hintz is out for the series.

Seguin gets hauled down on a breakaway and no call.

Watch the game before commenting on it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The argument isn’t that they’re scoring on the PPs. The argument was they didn’t deserve half of them.

By my count they deserved 1 PP tonight. Thats the thing. Dallas played smart, were determined to stay out of the box, and were still shorthanded 4 times because its apparently a league requirement to feed Tampa spurious PP's.

EV tonight Dallas were by far the better team. That usually matters in the playoffs.

Dallas played well tonight, deserved to win. Refs had other ideas.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Doucherov. lmao. But true.

Tampa milks calls like a bunch of soccer players diving. In one sequence in this series Kucherov tried to milk 3 different calls on the same zone posssesion, finally got one. Its what he does all the time.

The beautiful game. :sarcasm:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The beautiful game. :sarcasm:

Not the German game. Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Holland maybe.

Arjen Robben should play for Tampa. Would fit right in. 5 dives/minute

Oh look Robbens gets shot in the box again. That guy made me sick.

Arjen_Robben_2958991b.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
you didnt watch the game but you can't see how the officiating was biased.

Ridiculous. Tyler Johnson threw his stick at Hintz skates as he was going for a puck along the boards and then as Hintz tripped on Johnsons stick Johnson pile drived into him and hintz banged his head on the boards and body slam to boot. Hintz was out for the game on the dirtiest play of the series. No call. Not even 2minutes. Hintz is out for the series.

Seguin gets hauled down on a breakaway and no call.

Watch the game before commenting on it.

Woah, settle down partner.

First of all, you have a very CLEAR bias against Tampa and have for years so there's no chance you will see this down the middle when it comes to the Lightning but the Point and non call on Goodrow were hideous calls against Tampa so no, it wasn't all in favor of Tampa.

As I said, I only saw the 3rd and OT so maybe the refs were giving the game to Tampa in the first two periods but I can only comment on what I saw. I said there was bad calls both ways, you can't acknowledge that Dallas had some favorable calls too.

Ultimately, Tampa is the better team in this series. It's only a matter of time until their skill overwhelms Dallas anyway. Even if Dallas won tonight, I see this as Tampa's series to lose.

Reactions: TB12

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Johnson, Killorn are not straight up aholes? You gotta be kidding me. Killorn has sure toned down his act though. Must have got tuned in a lot over the last few seasons. He's not half the punk he used to be.
Are those two really that bad? I hear almost nothing about them apart from Johnson's whining he did early in his career. Same with Killorn.

When I say asshole, I mean players like Marchand, Perry, Kesler, Tkachuk...players that you love to see lose. Based on your criteria, half the league would be considered asshole.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not the German game. Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Holland maybe.

Arjen Robben should play for Tampa. Would fit right in. 5 dives/minute

Oh look Robbens gets shot in the box again. That guy made me sick.

Arjen_Robben_2958991b.jpg

Dallas playing like post-prime France right now with a broken down Trezeguet (Benn) and a rapidly declining Henry (Seguin). ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Woah, settle down partner.

First of all, you have a very CLEAR bias against Tampa and have for years so there's no chance you will see this down the middle when it comes to the Lightning but the Point and non call on Goodrow were hideous calls against Tampa so no, it wasn't all in favor of Tampa.

As I said, I only saw the 3rd and OT so maybe the refs were giving the game to Tampa in the first two periods but I can only comment on what I saw. I said there was bad calls both ways, you can't acknowledge that Dallas had some favorable calls too.

Ultimately, Tampa is the better team in this series. It's only a matter of time until their skill overwhelms Dallas anyway. Even if Dallas won tonight, I see this as Tampa's series to lose.

The officiating in the first and 2nd periods was an absolute travesty. Dallas was up 2-0 in this game and Refs gave Tampa 2PP's as usual, to stem the bleeding. Tamps was in trouble in the first, momentum for Dallas, and Tampa gets the calls to get back in the game. Tampa had 2 PP goals in the 2nd period and shouldn't have had a single PP. Several calls on Tampa were missed.

In anycase you are missing the point. Dallas desperately tried to stay out of the box tonight and were still getting called. They had a clean sheet in first two periods but were still shorthanded 3 times. Dallas is playing without 4 of their pk players and a 5th one got taken out tonight on the dirty Johnson stick throw. Dallas trying to stay out of the box because they have no pk left. So its not really an even up proposition. Tampa still have all their pk players out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad