GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v23: Milan Lucic Appreciation Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Fleury just re-signed and wouldn't waive when he's got a good thing going in Vegas. The other two are the probables...unless he goes after one of CBJs goalies via trade.

Fluery only has a 10 team modified NTC so he could be moved if Calgary isn’t on it and they probably are so your probably right.

Columbus would be nuts to trade one of their goalies. Merzlikins is exempt from the expansion draft and they got both guys signed at a total of 6.8 for 2 more years.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Other than watching the Oilers win, nothing gives me more pleasure in hockey than watching the Flames and Leafs lose, usually in a humiliating and embarrassing way. But have to admit, that after a few days of glee, I miss not having a hated rival to cheer against, and my interest in watching the games wanes. Other than Vancouver, nobody left that I really hate that much. The beauty of hockey is it doesn’t take long to develop a dislike for a team. One dirty hit, etc and I’m sure I’ll find some team to dislike enough to keep me interested in watching.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Fluery only has a 10 team modified NTC so he could be moved if Calgary isn’t on it and they probably are so your probably right.

Columbus would be nuts to trade one of their goalies. Merzlikins is exempt from the expansion draft and they got both guys signed at a total of 6.8 for 2 more years.
That NTC is going to mean nothing when he gets waived.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Other than watching the Oilers win, nothing gives me more pleasure in hockey than watching the Flames and Leafs lose, usually in a humiliating and embarrassing way. But have to admit, that after a few days of glee, I miss not having a hated rival to cheer against, and my interest in watching the games wanes. Other than Vancouver, nobody left that I really hate that much. The beauty of hockey is it doesn’t take long to develop a dislike for a team. One dirty hit, etc and I’m sure I’ll find some team to dislike enough to keep me interested in watching.
Cheer against Dallas. f*** Corey Perry

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Flames rushed their rebuild.

They outbid the oilers and traded multiple first and second round picks to acquire Hamilton & Hamonic.

Had they used those picks, and finished lower in the standings, they could have drafted some better core players.

Now their prospect cupboard is basically bare.
Treliving is a moron and deserves most of the blame.

Oilers are in better shape this week than the Flames now...tire fire down south.
Hamilton deal made sense. You were giving futures for a 22 year old that was coming off a 40 point campaign. I think any rebuilding club is making that deal

Hamonic I'll agree. Way too much for what he brings

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Why would they waive him. The cap they save from waiving him would be eat up by the backup replacing him
He was f***ing horrible this year. Someone picks him up you are laughing. That and if he isn't opening that NTC to allow a trade then you send him to the AHL until he changes his mind.

As it is they probably have to retain a lot on him to move him. He essentially should be thankful for any club that wants him

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The Flames need to rebuild and tank and start adding to their prospect pool. ‘The Athletic’ has Calgary’s prospects ranked 30th in the league and they’re gonna be picking late in this years draft .

Every year the Flames refuse to throw in the towel and instead they “build” a team that squeaks into the playoffs but does absolutely nothing in the post season when it matters.

Reactions: Moreaupheus

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Philly is the team that drafting Brandon Manning, had him break McDavids collar bone, losing him a guaranteed Calder

Meh, he’s not there anymore, and that was more an individual thing than a team thing. Don’t mind Philly.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Flames need to rebuild and tank and start adding to their prospect pool. ‘The Athletic’ has Calgary’s prospects ranked 30th in the league and they’re gonna be picking late in this years draft .

Every year the Flames refuse to throw in the towel and “build” a team that squeaks into the playoffs but does absolutely nothing in the post season when it matters.
According to Lowetide he wishes we had Calgary's drafting skills

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I honestly had no idea that he did something else until now.

Is he trying to get fired?

It’s like the Chia situation, where you swear the guy is just playing a game and seeing how badly he can screwup before he gets canned. In both cases, it looks like a fair bit.

Reactions: joestevens29

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
According to Lowetide he wishes we had Calgary's drafting skills
in 2016 they drafted Tkachuk, Adam Fox and Dillon Dube...that's a damn good haul
in 2011, they got Gaudreau in the 4th round...amazing value
even Rasmus Andersson in the 2nd and Mangiapane in the 6th round in 2015 is fantastic...something the Oilers can't find

the problem is they don't have Elite talent on their roster...no #1 center, no stud defenseman coming up
just "good" (and small) players

they need to do what Vancouver did and draft top 10 for awhile and find elite skill

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I think they go after Lehner, Fluery or Holtby.
Fleury said no to them a few years ago. Ben Bishop wouldn't go there either.
BzsV2Ua.gif

Calgary has $17M in cap room for next season but have some big holes to fill.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
in 2016 they drafted Tkachuk, Adam Fox and Dillon Dube...that's a damn good haul
in 2011, they got Gaudreau in the 4th round...amazing value
even Rasmus Andersson in the 2nd and Mangiapane in the 6th round in 2015 is fantastic...something the Oilers can't find

the problem is they don't have Elite talent on their roster...no #1 center, no stud defenseman coming up
just "good" (and small) players

they need to do what Vancouver did and trade top 10 for awhile and find elite skill
We went through this in another thread they aren't exactly much better than us.

Did you see who we drafted in 15 in round 4-6? Not exactly too shabby of picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad