GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v23: Milan Lucic Appreciation Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
All the talk in the media is the Flames cant win with Crying Johnny Hobbit. I wonder how long it takes Treliving to dump him for pennies on the dollar and sign Taylor Hall.

If I am the Flames owner, Treliving gets fired today. He has done nothing since he has taken over other than be a daily demonstration on how not to wear a protective mask.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
what did Lucic do? I didn't watch the game
Calgary was up 3-0 and the Stars couldn't even get the puck across centre. Lucic dumped one of the Stars onto Khudobin after the whistle and got a penalty. Dallas scored on the PP to get back in the game. Then when it was tied he flipped the puck over the glass and the Stars scored the winner while he was in the box.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
All the talk in the media is the Flames cant win with Crying Johnny Hobbit. I wonder how long it takes Treliving to dump him for pennies on the dollar and sign Taylor Hall.

If I am the Flames owner, Treliving gets fired today. He has done nothing since he has taken over other than be a daily demonstration on how not to wear a protective mask.

I said it yesterday, why so worked up over a mouth breather that doesnt cover his nose. It's only real purpose is to keep his glasses from sliding down his face

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Flames scored 17 goals this series.

Still not one Calgary Flame managed to finish above McDavid who finished with 9 points. Manbunsn'ham finished tied with RNH with 8 points...despite playing 6 more games.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Lolcic. Such a bum. But he did have a good enough playoffs that he'll probably refuse to waive his NMC for the expansion draft. That's good at least.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton

buffy-laughing.gif

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Lolcic. Such a bum. But he did have a good enough playoffs that he'll probably refuse to waive his NMC for the expansion draft. That's good at least.

Secret Agent Lucic doing max damage to the Flames with his playoff performance. He will do enough to get fans/management on his side somewhat. Fans love the idea of having a playoff performer on their team, no matter how bad they do in the regular season. Having embedded himself in the team, they likely wont look to trade him (if they even could) and likely wont waive his NMC for the expansion draft

But good ole Lucic then even went further and pulled his usual crap antics that led to an epic collapse. An collapses sometimes lead to irrational stuff in the off season and GMs going crazy

Agent Lucic is working his way to be a 5 star general for the Oilers

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
wasn't Looch contemplating retirement before these playoffs?

let's hope not

He said it was about 18 games into the season. He was benched by Bill Peters and Peters wouldn't address with him why he was benched and went home and spoke to his wife about retiring. Then the Flames fired Peters and put Ward in as head coach. Ward and Lucic have a very long relationship and it revived Lucic.

That said I have a couple buddies I was talking with last night after the game and they were saying they think he will retire this off season. I disagree, as he would be walking from $13 million. I think he goes another season and the Flames buy him out at the end of the season so they don't have to protect him in the expansion draft.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Gaudreau needs to go, but replacing him with Hall in that line up is a lateral move at best

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

More like trade Johnny and see Hall sign elsewhere. I don't see why Hall would sign with the Flames.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad