GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v23: Milan Lucic Appreciation Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He said it was about 18 games into the season. He was benched by Bill Peters and Peters wouldn't address with him why he was benched and went home and spoke to his wife about retiring. Then the Flames fired Peters and put Ward in as head coach. Ward and Lucic have a very long relationship and it revived Lucic.

That said I have a couple buddies I was talking with last night after the game and they were saying they think he will retire this off season. I disagree, as he would be walking from $13 million. I think he goes another season and the Flames buy him out at the end of the season so they don't have to protect him in the expansion draft.
Peters probably thought if this guy can't figure it out how the hell am I to explain this to him.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
“TJ Brodie remerged as a solid, top-pairing defenceman this year”

Eric Francis

15A157E5-9A08-4B19-BF7F-C0E8FB63E665.gif

Reactions: Llamamoto

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
“And while the return almost certainly won’t include anyone with the type of gaudy numbers Gaudreau has posted in recent regular seasons, the goal would almost certainly be to acquire character, moxie and leadership.”

Eric Francis

13319803-76EB-4639-82AC-B24B8581EEE3.gif

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
“Gaudreau has been a top-line player and regular season offensive leader on this team for six years, but he’s too often been a passenger in the playoffs. After 30 playoff games with Calgary amounting to just 19 points, it’s time for him to get off the bus.”

Eric Francis

See ya Johnny! We’re gonna miss you up here in Edmonton but enjoy the swamplands of Jersey.

F29E25D4-AA2A-45CD-8C4A-A1A04F19DF3C.gif

Reactions: Wyrm

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think Hall's defensive play and level of consistency has removed him from the $10M a year club.

When he was with the Oilers it was a case listed as bad coaching and management but I don't know what the excuse is now.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I wonder if Carolina has interest in Gaudreau. I think they're a dark horse team for where he winds up.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Flames are gonna do it aren't they.....they are going to do it.

All this talk about how the Flames are on the same developmental track as the 2011 Bruins (lol) and how they need to trade scoring for moxie and leadership and character.

Lucic was a trade winner. Bennett should be the #1 center. Tkachuk is the emotional leader of the team. Giordano is their Zdeno Chara.

The Flames think their failures are a lack of character and leadership so they are going to double down on the Lucic trade justification.

The Flames are going to can Treliving and hire Chiarelli to create the 2011 Bruins.....

Reactions: yukoner88 and Wyrm

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
...also Bull Shit Dave is still signed for one more year at $2.75 million.

So who's Calgary gonna sign to be their 1A? Or do they make a lottery run and run with one of their AHL goalies and Rittich?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We have a trade to announce......The Calgary Flames trade Johnny Hobbit to the Buffalo Sabres for Kyle Okposo.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Flames are gonna do it aren't they.....they are going to do it.

All this talk about how the Flames are on the same developmental track as the 2011 Bruins (lol) and how they need to trade scoring for moxie and leadership and character.

Lucic was a trade winner. Bennett should be the #1 center. Tkachuk is the emotional leader of the team. Giordano is their Zdeno Chara.

The Flames think their failures are a lack of character and leadership so they are going to double down on the Lucic trade justification.

The Flames are going to can Treliving and hire Chiarelli to create the 2011 Bruins.....

I can already see it...
"The Calgary Flames have traded Matthew Tkachuk to the St. Louis Blues for Marco Scandella. The trade is one for one."

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Flames rushed their rebuild.

They outbid the oilers and traded multiple first and second round picks to acquire Hamilton & Hamonic.

Had they used those picks, and finished lower in the standings, they could have drafted some better core players.

Now their prospect cupboard is basically bare.
Treliving is a moron and deserves most of the blame.

Oilers are in better shape this week than the Flames now...tire fire down south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad