Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Would you take Gallant over Keefe if Gallant was fired 2 months ago?
Nope, would take him after Keefe though.

Players Coach(Keefe) follow hardass Coaches(Babcock).
Gallant needs to walk into a situation where they need the climate changed.
Detroit or Seattle would be my bet on his next location.

FireBabcock

Apr 21, 2019
Leafs coaches are fine for time being. They've done well. Close this thread mods. My God.
Good enough is a loser attitude.

And the “he can be a head coach narrative” is crap. He can make as much or make more than a HC here for less work.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Good enough is a loser attitude.

And the “he can be a head coach narrative” is crap. He can make as much or make more than a HC here for less work.
Sure, but I don't think he's really about the money. He likes being the head coach. Many teams are looking for that and he'd consider all of those instead of an assistant gig. It's just the truth.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It is hilarious that Hab fans have convinced themselves that they are going to flip Kovalchuk at the deadline for assets.
I could see a Playoff bound team needing PP help throwing a pick to the Habs.
He certainly won't return any riches though.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Florida is starting to tighten the gap between us and them.

Hopefully we'll get back to our winning ways and get on a bit of a roll again, and the Cats start losing.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Florida is starting to tighten the gap between us and them.

Hopefully we'll get back to our winning ways and get on a bit of a roll again, and the Cats start losing.
Panthers play 13 of their next 17 on the road after a lot of home games in the first half. Includes a 5 game and a 6 game road trip.

We should have a good chance to make up some ground. Also should be a good test to see if the Panthers are for real. We should know by the TDL what we're in for.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Panthers play 13 of their next 17 on the road after a lot of home games in the first half. Includes a 5 game and a 6 game road trip.

We should have a good chance to make up some ground. Also should be a good test to see if the Panthers are for real. We should know by the TDL what we're in for.

Interesting.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
It is hilarious that Hab fans have convinced themselves that they are going to flip Kovalchuk at the deadline for assets.
We got a 6th round pick for Olli Jokinen after he played just 6 games with us and only recorded one assist. A playoff bound team with extra assets might give up a late round pick.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Brutal. Really love Hamilton's game. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

It could be a potential landing spot for Ceci maybe. They have McKeown and Woods on the right side and Jake Bean waiting in the wings but I wonder if they make a move for a forward with those guys.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Brutal. Really love Hamilton's game. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

It could be a potential landing spot for Ceci maybe. They have McKeown and Woods on the right side and Jake Bean waiting in the wings but I wonder if they make a move for a forward with those guys.

I can't see why Hurricanes would want Ceci.

Their need is a goalie, far more than any other position.

Mar 14, 2011
For the last 2 years or so, I get surprise everytime I check the Panthers hockeydb and still see that Keith Yandle is still producing at a high rate. I always thought he was going to be the type of Dman that would falter once he reach the wrong side of 30 and signs that second big contract of his career.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Anybody else feel that this Tkachuk thing is the biggest much-ado-about-nothing, fake news story of the year? I still don't understand why the Tkachuk/Kassian incident is so controversial. This type of stuff used to happen every week in the NHL! I think everybody is just desperate for controversy, fights, and animosity, and this type of story provides a little of that. Thing it, it has been waaaaaaaaaay overblown. Just like Tkachuk's antics have been overblown. He hits people and is mean on the bench. Oooooooooooouuuu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad