Around The League 2019-20 part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
A Tampa radio personality alluded to Stamkos actually being even further injured than anyone outside of the team know. As in, perhaps career threatening. In this case, apparently his 2 minutes of ice time in the finals was a last hurrah and a way to pump the boys up in the chase for the Cup. The whole situation was strange but I think the Lightning are covering up that he actually left the bubble and came back (the team denies this) because you didn’t see any pictures or video of him cheering the team on in the stands or making an appearance anywhere. Just a lot that is odd about that situation.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
A Tampa radio personality alluded to Stamkos actually being even further injured than anyone outside of the team know. As in, perhaps career threatening. In this case, apparently his 2 minutes of ice time in the finals was a last hurrah and a way to pump the boys up in the chase for the Cup. The whole situation was strange but I think the Lightning are covering up that he actually left the bubble and came back (the team denies this) because you didn’t see any pictures or video of him cheering the team on in the stands or making an appearance anywhere. Just a lot that is odd about that situation.

I mean it is a little suspect that he had surgery on his core in March (a 4-6 week recovery) and was still hurt 7-8 months later.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I mean it is a little suspect that he had surgery on his core in March (a 4-6 week recovery) and was still hurt 7-8 months later.

I believe they did admit that he did hurt himself while in recovery once if not twice. Coming back to play 2 minutes and change without getting hurt and looking fine is just.... strange. We will see though, I hope it’s not true as he seems like a really good guy for the team and area.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

In terms of hoopla, starting off with a winter classic could be an event you can make a big deal over.

Reactions: My3Sons

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
So basically, teams will walk away from fourth line guys who are overpaid and fringe RFAs. Hopefully Fitz stays patient because any good opportunity to squeeze a good player out of a team may not happen until next training camp.
My smile is getting wider as it still looks like they are going to use the 3 firsts as picks. I have been saying for a while I thought next year is when the bargains could come.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
So basically, teams will walk away from fourth line guys who are overpaid and fringe RFAs. Hopefully Fitz stays patient because any good opportunity to squeeze a good player out of a team may not happen until next training camp.

While I agree that the best opportunities will come next summer, he doesn't have assets next summer. Plus there will be an expansion team that will have assets and the ability to squeeze teams.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
They have a lot of enticing assets to get a deal done if they want to... Domi, Danault, Caufield, Romanov, 16th overall pick, 3 2nd round picks, etc

none of that entices me if Laine is as good as you and some others say he is

Winnipeg doesn't want futures from the sounds of it...they want DMen and good centers

Danault is fine but is he really a bonafide 2C?

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
none of that entices me if Laine is as good as you and some others say he is

Winnipeg doesn't want futures from the sounds of it...they want DMen and good centers

Danault is fine but is he really a bonafide 2C?

Maybe KK would be involved? As for Danault, he’s a very underrated center that does everything well on the ice. I see him as a weaker version of Bergeron. If paired with a guy like Connor, I can see him cracking 65+ points, would be your best forward defensively and your best face off option as well.

He’s not as sexy as Laine but he’s the type of guy you win with... just like us with Hischier.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Russ Cohen talking Johnson for the Devils giving up a first rounder. WTF? I want no part of Tyler Johnson who was basically a no-show during the playoffs and is quite possibly on the steep slope downward with four years left on his contract.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad