Around The League 2019-20 part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Stamkos hit the market and then stayed. Pietrangelo’s side isn’t throwing bombs, they’re just expressing some frustration and St Louis is doing a little PR of their own but aren’t attacking his position either. It seems like everyone is being reasonably professional and leaving the door open. If either side is seething in anger they’re hiding it pretty well.

Reactions: BHD

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Stamkos hit the market and then stayed. Pietrangelo’s side isn’t throwing bombs, they’re just expressing some frustration and St Louis is doing a little PR of their own but aren’t attacking his position either. It seems like everyone is being reasonably professional and leaving the door open. If either side is seething in anger they’re hiding it pretty well.

Stamkos didn't reach free agency, he signed June 29th.

I wouldn't be surprised with any outcome really with Pietrangelo, whether he stays or leaves both options seem possible.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Stamkos didn't reach free agency, he signed June 29th.

I wouldn't be surprised with any outcome really with Pietrangelo, whether he stays or leaves both options seem possible.
Yeah, I always forget that was the open interview week before free agency. I will make this mistake in the future, I’ve come to accept that I can’t remember this simple fact.

Reactions: Cheddabombs

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Yeah, I always forget that was the open interview week before free agency. I will make this mistake in the future, I’ve come to accept that I can’t remember this simple fact.

Aha I only remember because that was the crazy day with the signing and Hall/Subban trades all happening in like 20 minutes.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Aha I only remember because that was the crazy day with the signing and Hall/Subban trades all happening in like 20 minutes.
The Toronto/Stamkos pitch gossip was pretty memorable, apparently they had the all of upper management and ownership, CEOs from big partner companies and Toronto’s mayor among others there to meet with Stamkos in Toronto and he was so overwhelmed that he cancelled all his trips to meet with other teams, immediately flew home and signed with Tampa. The rumor was he walked out of the huge Leafs presentation and immediately said “no more meetings”. You got to love the Canadian hockey media rumor mill too. LOL

Reactions: Colin226

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Looks like Madden's back coaching, I think he took a hiatus last season after leaving Cleveland's AHL club. Might be a chance next season that the Kings call up his son to play against him.

Reactions: glenwo2

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Just saw the voting breakdown for the Calder. Not a bad showing for Blackwood. He got a second place vote even. Though Fox got a first place vote. I'm sure we can all guess whose vote that was...
You have to have the thickest homer glasses on to see Maker, Hughes, and Fox and think Fox is the best dman of the 3

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
You have to have the thickest homer glasses on to see Maker, Hughes, and Fox and think Fox is the best dman of the 3
The guy who voted for Fox actually came out and confirmed that he was the one who voted for Fox, which I respect, and he also was not a Rangers fan. I think in the main board thread you can find a link to the tweet but I'm pretty sure he backed up his vote which I at least appreciate.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This blogger type traded texts with AP and still thinks AP may resign with those awful, unfair St. Louis Blues

I mean it's not like the Blues are the type of organization who would use a loophole to skunk a guy out of his NTC and the guy is so upset he literally quits in the middle of a season to go back to his home country.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
welp maybe no Tanev for PIT after all

edit- Matheson is signed for SIX more years holy crap

Last edited:

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I can't believe the Panthers got out of that contract.

I don't know how that even works. That's so insane. That was honestly one of the worst contracts in the NHL. And it's back loaded lol. He makes more than his hit the last few years.

I really hate that people are not attaching assets to contracts that bad.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad