LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
sports net pumping Chiarot’s tires

Lol, Armia just scored, 3-3 now

Price not playing like a 10+ million dollar goalie

Chariot's tires looked pretty flat on the 4th Devils goal just now :laugh:. I don't think Price's team is helping him out much tonight

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
"no longer coach"

do teams not use "fired," "relieved of duties," "terminated" ?

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
My guess is he "quit" but they will still pay him. Pretty sure there are some legal issues with firing him for something he did when a different organization.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Didn't Hutchinson come out and say the Jets never put him in a position to succeed or something as well? I think it was specifically about any time he had a rhythm he'd get taken out of the lineup (paraphrasing from what I remember).
He was essentially the starter in the 14-15 season until Pavelec took the job back to close out the season and was given every opportunity at the start of 15-16 to take the reigns but he couldn't string together wins (neither could Pavelec).

Not many young goalies are in a situation where their team is willing to sink or swim to let them find their game, and the ones that do get that opportunity are usually prospects with high draft pedigree. Most guys have to fight to get their starts and when they're in that situation they're probably never going to be in their comfort zone.

Mentality is apparently a huge part in differentiating yourself as a goaltender at the highest level. I don't think a goaltender that feels slighted by their organization for getting benched after a poor start in their previous game is going to find much success in pro sports.

If he thought the Jets did him wrong then he'll likely never find continued success in my opinion.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
You have to think that Claude Julien could be on the hot seat with a few more loses, same for Detroit's Jeff Blashill.
Maybe. The Habs roster kinda sorta sucks. They have past his prime Price in net eating up $10.5M per year of salary, old man Weber and Petry as the arguably only respectable D-men on the roster, and their forwards really aren't anything to write home about.

They might just be a bad team that overperformed early in the season.

None

Feb 22, 2012
There was fire Hynes chants at the Devils-Rangers game apparently, and looking at the boxscore Trouba apparently played just over 9 minutes short-handed. Holy shit that's a lot of PK minutes.

4-0 shutout for the Rangers and it looks like the Devils had ample PP time to get at least one.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad