Around the League 2019-20 - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I thought the Leafs had top 5 defence and top 10 goaltending?

Few things make me more happier then seeing the Laffs struggle.

:laugh: You have that exactly backwards. Laffs have top 5 goaltending and top 10 defense. Laffs fans are well known for their realistic expectations. They know that D corps is not top 5. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Reactions: Aggie204

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We should pick up this guy for cheap. We've seen how other bad D men thrive when they come here. :nod:

For $4.5 million cap hit, I would just as soon grab more waiver rejects. Unless by on the cheap you mean Toronto eats a ton of that contract :thumbu:

Cody Ceci makes $4.5 million a year. Just sit and reflect on that for awhile.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well they have hope for the future then: isn't only Reilly signed after this year?

Yes - and Dermott is an RFA so we can assume he will give them 2 Dmen. :laugh:

I think they are really banking on Sandin and Liljegren for next year. That would be 4. Maybe they fill out their D corps with the ones we don't retain from among Bitetto, Sbisa, Dahlstrom, Kulikov and Beaulieu. :laugh:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Leafs and Oilers are very similar teams. Handful of stars and then nothingness. Very spacey.

At least the Leafs have Rielly, Muzzin, Barrie (if he still counts) on defence. Oilers have ...Nurse?
Plus Toronto's forward group is much deeper. It's actually amazing that more Oilers guys don't have more points, just from fluke secondary assists, considering how many points McDrai have.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Leafs board will be pure gold tonight, ah good times and salty tears
Never checked out leafs board. Entertainment! Leafs really are in a pickle.

Assuming divisional teams will throw more weight at the glass stars. Another shoulder injury to Mathews could be ugly.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And useless Leafs can't help us out , man i hope we absolutely destroy them when we play . :mad:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
New coach bounce is over. B2B losses with Andersson in net. Maybe Hutchinson wasn't the problem after all.

Highlight of the game last night, lead to Colorado's shorthanded goal. Not sure what Spezza was trying to do, ballerina impression? :laugh:

upload_2019-12-5_9-43-43-gif.286711

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
New coach bounce is over. B2B losses with Andersson in net. Maybe Hutchinson wasn't the problem after all.
Oh Hutch was a problem. The Leafs have had zero Quality Starts from non-Andersen goalies this year. Keefe probably correctly decided playing Andersen on b2b nights was a better choice than putting in a fresh Hutch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad