Around the League 2018-19 v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Not sure which I feel better about, the oilers winning or the Anaheim deplosion.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
With the Kings W again tonight theres only 5pts between last place and WC spot after the Allstar break. This is crazy shit. Basically everybody is in it now.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Watch the six goals the Sabres let in tonight and try to blame one on Ullmark.

Last edited:
Reactions: oobga

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Man I read CGY has been down 2 or more goals in like 22+ games this year.

That is INSANE

They are a pretty good all around team, but how sustainable is that?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

That is INSANE

Well it's not a recipe for success in the playoffs, that's for sure. Teams dial it in defensively and it's tougher to come back. I can see them winning a playoff round, maybe two if they get some injury and ref help agains San Jose/Vegas. They're not tough enough or consistent enough defensively though to win a 7 game series against Winnipeg or Nashville. I think Treliving would need to add a defenseman and forward if the Flames want a shot this year and even then they don't have a playoff proven starter.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Yeah, Sabres success was a mirage this year. Almost purely due to goalies saving the teams bacon. Oh no, goalie won't do backflips to make up for the team giving up golden chances all night anymore, guess it's all the goalies fault they're losing now.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Even if all 6 were horrible goals, when does a player ever say that about the goalie?

Has anyone said that here? Usually it's more about how they need to support their goalie and play tighter defense. Coaches from time to time will say the goalie needs to be better, but I can't remember a player saying that.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, Sabres success was a mirage this year. Almost purely due to goalies saving the teams bacon. Oh no, goalie won't do backflips to make up for the team giving up golden chances all night anymore, guess it's all the goalies fault they're losing now.
Not shocking. How many young teams can continue to let in 3+ goals and continue to outscore their opponents? Sooner or later the goaltending will buckle.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017

What he should of said was "We suck and cant win unless our goalie plays out of this world and saves our butts."

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

That is INSANE

That's what I've been saying, I don't believe they're as good as their record indicates. I'm not sure how many games those two+ goal deficits turned into wins for them, but they could just as easily be a wild card team as they are leading the division.

One thing I can give them credit for is not giving up. They battle right to the final horn just about every game.

However, if there's a division leader to be upset by a wild card team in the 1st round, my money is on Calgary (if they even finish first).

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That's what I've been saying, I don't believe they're as good as their record indicates. I'm not sure how many games those two+ goal deficits turned into wins for them, but they could just as easily be a wild card team as they are leading the division.

One thing I can give them credit for is not giving up. They battle right to the final horn just about every game.

However, if there's a division leader to be upset by a wild card team in the 1st round, my money is on Calgary (if they even finish first).

On holidays with in-laws from Calgary and told them they are gonzo come playoff time as those leads aren’t relinquished as easily come playoff time. They seem to think Calgary’s recipe for success is to lull the other team into a false sense of security and then pour it on in the 3rd period.

Yeah ok is my reply. Cant argue with stupid.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
On holidays with in-laws from Calgary and told them they are gonzo come playoff time as those leads aren’t relinquished as easily come playoff time. They seem to think Calgary’s recipe for success is to lull the other team into a false sense of security and then pour it on in the 3rd period.

Yeah ok is my reply. Cant argue with stupid.

That might have worked in Rocky III. It's a bold strategy-lol.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
3-0 Philly lol

Oh man seeing the Ducks get absolutely annihilated the last 2 months makes my day. F*** that team

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad