Around the League 2018-19: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If he looks mediocre for the rest of the season, that cap hit of almost $7 million might be hard to trade even though the cash cost would be lower.

No reason to expect him to continue his mediocrity. He's not game ready yet. This is his TC. Not making excuses for him. It is just a fact that he hadn't played even an exhibition game yet.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nylander needs to play well to make himself tradeable. By all accounts, he doesnt want to be traded. If he's smart and unprofessional he would tank his value this season so Dubas can't trade him.

Then play well next year and get himself traded? Or tank his value for the entire term of the contract ..... just so that he can stay in the Centre of the Universe?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Andersen will come back down to Earth and then tough times will be had at the center of the Universe. They really need help defensively.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
So Max Domi scored his 14 today and has 30 points in 29 games so far. The Jets were in on him before he got dealt to Montreal.

It just seems like we constantly hear that the Jets are after a certain player and they get ripped apart because their numbers are poor but it seems they were right to look in on him

Reactions: GNP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So Max Domi scored his 14 today and has 30 points in 29 games so far. The Jets were in on him before he got dealt to Montreal.

It just seems like we constantly hear that the Jets are after a certain player and they get ripped apart because their numbers are poor but it seems they were right to look in on him

My concern was more towards whether he could play C for us. Given what he's done for them at C the answer is a big yes and would have been a great pick up depending on what the cost would have been.

Reactions: Huffer

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Peluso called up by Calgary to play against the Oilers and is in the lineup right now. Should be some fireworks...

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Quite the shift for Lucic. Sends Haminoc into orbit and then betters Peluso in an abbreviated scrap.

Reactions: GNP

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Tony Peluso ended up playing 2:28 in that game.

Well worth it for the Flames.

What is it with that team and gooning things up? They let the other team get into their head. They're gonna win the Pacific by a country mile, but I'm not sure how they'll do in the playoffs.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Quite the shift for Lucic. Sends Haminoc into orbit and then betters Peluso in an abbreviated scrap.

The problem is they didn't let that fight happen and they jumped in before it got going? I wonder if there is a league directive on that now when it comes to true fighter only types?

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
The problem is they didn't let that fight happen and they jumped in before it got going? I wonder if there is a league directive on that now when it comes to true fighter only types?
You're right. Peluso seemed really frustrated.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Andersen will come back down to Earth and then tough times will be had at the center of the Universe. They really need help defensively.

I dont know hes been playing at that level since they acquired him. Easily the most underrated goalie in the league. Should have been a Vezina finalist last year but voters dont really look under the hood with goalies. Andersen routinely has the toughest work load in the league over the last 3 seasons and keeps Toronto in the hunt every year.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Freaking Pettersson. Wow Vancouver is going to be back in business soon.

Kid is unreal. How does such a small frame have such a wicked shot arsenal? Add onto that he has very slick hands and isn't to bad defensively either.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

He is off to a fast start in Montreal but I am not sure how much we really needed to trade assets for another scoring winger? I don't recall what the criticisms were Joe can you give me the coles notes?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kid is unreal. How does such a small frame have such a wicked shot arsenal? Add onto that he has very slick hands and isn't to bad defensively either.

I went by the Nucks board on draft day to congratulate them on the pick and mention how much I loved the Pettersson and I got ripped that day because allot on their board were pissed :laugh:. I think at the time I said I thought he had the highest ceiling in the 2017 draft.

Now in the spirit of fair play I noticed Ouellett is on waivers and I really liked him in his draft year!

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He is off to a fast start in Montreal but I am not sure how much we really needed to trade assets for another scoring winger? I don't recall what the criticisms were Joe can you give me the coles notes?

Doesn't score enough to be a 2nd line center in the NHL. I have no idea what it would cost us but he was traded for Galchenyuk, so I am assuming it would be steep from our end.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

People around here often underrate players of other teams. I wanted Domi but was afraid he would cost us something we couldn't give up. But with the way he is playing I think it might have been worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad