Around the League 2018-19: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If Leafs fans are anything like the Jets fans, I bet there is a sizable minority there that would draw conclusions from Leafs losing both games since Nylander coming back.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
no posting in the leafs gdt but I did notice

a leafer inserting an m between the u and the b in the gm's name.

something I predicted......lol

may of got a troll warning for that one also

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
If Leafs fans are anything like the Jets fans, I bet there is a sizable minority there that would draw conclusions from Leafs losing both games since Nylander coming back.

I want to see if they can come back from 3 zip in the third

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Quelle surprise.

I suspect that signing will handcuff the Leafs for the next 3 seasons.

I don't think that. I expect he's traded next year shortly after his bonus kicks in for some defensive help. A large portion of the salary (year 1 + bonus) is consumed by the wealthy Leafs organization and a valuable asset is moved to another team (that now has an attractive salary for a very good winger) for something they need more than another scorer. It would also free up cap space to sign Marner and Matthews.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
I don't think that. I expect he's traded next year shortly after his bonus kicks in for some defensive help. A large portion of the salary (year 1 + bonus) is consumed by the wealthy Leafs organization and a valuable asset is moved to another team (that now has an attractive salary for a very good winger) for something they need more than another scorer. It would also free up cap space to sign Marner and Matthews.

I guess we'll see. I don't think he'll ever play up to that value.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I guess we'll see. I don't think he'll ever play up to that value.

I don't really disagree with you on the value aspect. I just think that they structured the contract with trade in mind. As to what Dubas said I take it about as seriously as Trouba saying he's happy in Winnipeg. These people are neither dumb nor foolish. They say what's necessary and recant when necessary. I'm certain after Trouba is gone he'll still say nice things about Winnipeg and the fans here. I'll likely believe most of it but it won't change the fact he wants out of here for whatever his reasons are. And really, Dubas will do the same thing, praising Nylander and talking about how hard it was to part ways with him, how he wished he would be a Leaf for life. It's just business.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Flames looked dominant tonight against the Preds. Yikes.
Saw preds in Vancouver a few nights back. Lots of injuries right now for preds. Top 4 or 5 players are out.Tolvannen was unnoticeable.

That said Peddersson is something special. He had a very nice penalty shot goal.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If he looks mediocre for the rest of the season, that cap hit of almost $7 million might be hard to trade even though the cash cost would be lower.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't really disagree with you on the value aspect. I just think that they structured the contract with trade in mind. As to what Dubas said I take it about as seriously as Trouba saying he's happy in Winnipeg. These people are neither dumb nor foolish. They say what's necessary and recant when necessary. I'm certain after Trouba is gone he'll still say nice things about Winnipeg and the fans here. I'll likely believe most of it but it won't change the fact he wants out of here for whatever his reasons are. And really, Dubas will do the same thing, praising Nylander and talking about how hard it was to part ways with him, how he wished he would be a Leaf for life. It's just business.
Nylander needs to play well to make himself tradeable. By all accounts, he doesnt want to be traded. If he's smart and unprofessional he would tank his value this season so Dubas can't trade him.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Bruins just showed the league how to beat the Leafs , hits , hits and more hits , this Leafs team is talented but i don't know if they have enough physical guys to be successful in the playoffs .

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Andersen needs to stand on his head for the Leafs to win with that D, none of them know how to play D, they cheat consistently up ice for points, and get caught out of position constantly
Andersen has kept them afloat for a while now. He's overperforming his xG numbers by a dozen goals or so, which puts him right up there with Rinne and Gibson.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad