Around the League 2018-19: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Domi was a C until he arrived in Arizona. That's the beginning of the '16 season. Not sure if they ever actually tried him at C or not but I thought they did. Tried it and decided he wasn't ready yet, never went back, is how I remember it.

He must be doing alright if you look at his production and Habs record with him at 1C. I expect Kotkaniemi to bump him from there in a year or two.

With Kotka*******, Suzuki and Poehling coming up through the system, they should no longer have a black hole at C for quite a while. Add those 3 to Domi and Danault plus a couple of bottom 6 C's and that position looks like a strength for them.

I think Max played wing in London but I will PM a guy that use to go to allot of the knights games back then to confirm.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
I noticed today that the leafs had picked up some defensive help.

I was unaware that sara orlesky played hockey.

she will now be the leafs toughest defenceperson

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
What a well spoken guy, that might have been one of the most intelligent interviews I've heard from a hockey player.

Absolutely. Hainsey was like that, as I recall. He will make a good coach, I think, although he will have to work on his surly disdain for dumb questions, and put together a portfolio of snappy, sarcastic retorts that he can draw from as needed. :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Whoa whoa whoa...you don't want a coach actually telling it like it is, do you? :sarcasm:

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. :laugh: He'd have to learn the coach BS instead of the player BS - and coaches are allowed to be a little more open/honest than players are. Look at Torts. :laugh:

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I dunno, he had me up until he said "legitimate Stanley Cup contenders".
Nothing on that team screams Stanley Cup Contenders.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I dunno, he had me up until he said "legitimate Stanley Cup contenders".
Nothing on that team screams Stanley Cup Contenders.
On paper that lineup looks good enough to compete in the top-3 of the Central Division.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
On paper that lineup looks good enough to compete in the top-3 of the Central Division.

I never bought into all the pre-season hype over StL and the changes they had made. What they needed last year was goaltending so they swapped Stastny out and ROR in and a couple of other moves that pretty much added up to marking time. ROR is an upgrade on Stastny but they gave up a lot to get him. And they still need a goalie.

That said, they look a lot better on paper than their record. I think it is more than just goal.

Reactions: GNP and Cellee

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Oilers man.

Absolutely hate that team. But what is this, is the Ken magic real?

Or temporary new coach effect?

It's real to a large extent... every team he goes to sees virtually an overnight increase in sv%. Even the Dallas Stars. Arguably, Hitch single-handedly lifted the careers of Brian Elliott and Jake Allen to heights they never reach without him. Clearly his system helps out his goalies. I don't think they will keep the up the win% but I don't expect them to gently fade away either.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's real to a large extent... every team he goes to sees virtually an overnight increase in sv%. Even the Dallas Stars. Arguably, Hitch single-handedly lifted the careers of Brian Elliott and Jake Allen to heights they never reach without him. Clearly his system helps out his goalies. I don't think they will keep the up the win% but I don't expect them to gently fade away either.
I thoughts goalies owned their save % and the defensive play of the team wasn't very relevant...:sarcasm:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I thoughts goalies owned their save % and the defensive play of the team wasn't very relevant...:sarcasm:
IIRC, Hitchcock was the only coach who improved goalies' SV% when those original analyses of SV% and coaching were done years ago (and it was a pretty small improvement at that).

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Statsny goes from Centering Laine and Ehlers to Centering...... Thomas Nosek and Oscar Lindberg?

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsforever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad