Around the League 2018-19: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just a gut feeling, but I expect KV to pull a Nylander when his turn comes up.
At this point then he has 3 years to prove he is the type of player who can play hard ball for a contract. If he proves to be that type of player he will come in quite handy over the next 3 years as we shed salary to stay competitive.

Reactions: ps241

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
25 seconds into the Leafs game and the Sportnet commentators are already up Matthews ass. He hasn’t even had a shift yet! This is gonna be a long night

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So the idiot Kypreos says today that the Jets will bridge Laine but once the bridge is done , Laine is gone . What a dumbass , guess Matthews is just going to sign a bridge and then he's gone too , god Kypreos is a cement head . :badidea:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
So the idiot Kypreos says today that the Jets will bridge Laine but once the bridge is done , Laine is gone . What a dumbass , guess Matthews is just going to sign a bridge and then he's gone too , god Kypreos is a cement head . :badidea:
Trying to incite panic and clicks. Journalism is funded by ad revenue. It's the same thing where they talk about Matthews getting offer sheeted. It will not happen. But it brings traffic

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Everytime I see Kypreos I'm thinking who the f*** hired this guy. He wasnt a high profile player, he has the charisma of a damp rag, he has nothing insightful to say.

Also, why is Kovalchuk still such a red cloth to so many people :huh:

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017

Kypreos this time last season: "I just question is Marner has a place on this team. I think they should trade him."

Also more Marner crap. He was on a 103 point pace from about the 50 game mark last season until the playoffs. This isn't just a hot streak. Still don't think he touches 10m though, as good as he is.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kypreos this time last season: "I just question is Marner has a place on this team. I think they should trade him."

Also more Marner crap. He was on a 103 point pace from about the 50 game mark last season until the playoffs. This isn't just a hot streak. Still don't think he touches 10m though, as good as he is.

Matthews and Marner are going to cost a boat load and with Tavares already making $11 Million that trio at the top is probably going to make approximately $32 million. This is why we see the war with Willy but it’s good for the Leafs he came first with the young trio.

Reactions: snowkiddin

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
They will be a tough out this year, even moreso if they get Nylander in or trade him for something.

I think I'm in the minority here that hopes they make a good run. Then again, I did support the Leafs while the Jets were gone so I may be more biased.

They look like the Jets were last year.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I'm fine to see the Leafs lose games, lose players, whatever.:P

I do want to see Matthews play a full season, though. I think he puts up Stamkos numbers. 40-50 goals with some assists. All the tools to be over PPG, but you gotta play the games.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
sigh...i guess.
but it's 1 big season on a team with lots of offensive firepower.
why look at Mcdavid numbers when you have Pastrnak as a comparable?
26 vs 15 ES points. 7 million gets you Kane at 16 points total.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Leaf fans tend to be annoying but that team is awesome. So much talent, they are riding a bit of a PDO high as they have the highest PDO in the league.
I watched the game ln.... they are a treat to watch offensively. Marner's vision and passing skills work so well with AM and JT.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Kypreos' credibility is in the same bin as Eklund's. Eklund is probably smarter. His foolishness is deliberate.

Reactions: Jets 31

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Leaf fans tend to be annoying but that team is awesome. So much talent, they are riding a bit of a PDO high though as they have the highest PDO in the league.

They seem to me like the cut and dry clear cut favourite this year. They will steamroll the rest of their division come playoff time (as good as their div opponents are).

If you hate excessive Toronto media coverage, this isnt going to be a fun year lol

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Matthews and Marner are going to cost a boat load and with Tavares already making $11 Million that trio at the top is probably going to make approximately $32 million. This is why we see the war with Willy but it’s good for the Leafs he came first with the young trio.

Not to nitpick but I make it 33+.
Marner - 10
Tavares - 11
Matthews - 12 - or more

Never mind ppg pace, Matthews is on a gpg pace. This is the guy who scored 4 in his first NHL game. If he can stay healthy he is going to challenge McDavid. If he had played the same number of games at the same pace this year he would be 5 pts ahead of McD, 11 goals ahead.

Leafs appear to me to be nuts not to have traded Nylander by now. Just no way they can squeeze all of that under the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad