Around the League 2018-19 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Are you joking? I would have been stoked to reunite Terry and Donato

Donato was Harvard, Terry Colorado. They just played a hand full of games for the national team.

How good is Ryan Donato really? He wasn't able to be a fixture in Boston this year and not a ppg in the AHL at the age of 22. If Silfverberg would have been traded for Donato BM would have been trashed here. Sprong is at least as interesting als Donato.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Donato was Harvard, Terry Colorado. They just played a hand full of games for the national team.

How good is Ryan Donato really? He wasn't able to be a fixture in Boston this year and not a ppg in the AHL at the age of 22. If Silfverberg would have been traded for Donato BM would have been trashed here. Sprong is at least as interesting als Donato.
Part of my reasoning is I just don't think Coyle is all that good

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
kings trade hagelin to caps for a 3rd and conditional 6th

that's more than i would've thought they'd get for him. hagelin has fallen off pretty hard

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I looked at Nashville's cap situation yesterday and noticed Subban is set to turn 30 years old this May.. talk about a double take. How the f*** is he nearly in his thirties!?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think Brent Burns is solidifying himself as a 1st ballot HHOFer

He should get another Norris nomination this season, only Giordano has been better. Like Giordano he’s one of those rare guys who seems to get better going into their 30s.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He should get another Norris nomination this season, only Giordano has been better. Like Giordano he’s one of those rare guys who seems to get better going into their 30s.
One of the weirdest careers ever for sure. You look at the fact that he was playing power forward on Thornton's line just 4 years ago, to now being the most dangerous offensive D in the league...crazy

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I can only imagine the Oilers board right now. They are gonna whine he got suspended cause Parros is the BanHammer of the NHL & say its a Ducks conspiracy lmao.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
kings trade hagelin to caps for a 3rd and conditional 6th

that's more than i would've thought they'd get for him. hagelin has fallen off pretty hard

They had to retain 50% to get a decent draft pick for a rental that fills a pk role for the caps. Buyers market.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I'm expecting a fine. It obviously wasn't a good hit, but McDavid doesn't have a history.

Giving the top superstar a 2 game suspension will allow the NHL to show the sports world they take concussions/CTE seriously....so they will probably slap him on the wrist with a little fine instead.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
mcdavid should've gotten suspended a few years back for that hit from behind on oduya

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Seems pretty risky for Columbus to trade for UFA... with Bobrovsky/pannarin likely leaving

Very risky for what they gave up. Even riskier since they are sitting outside a playoff spot. If they get into playoffs as WC2, they'd have to get past Tampa first round.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Very risky for what they gave up. Even riskier since they are sitting outside a playoff spot. If they get into playoffs as WC2, they'd have to get past Tampa first round.
1st, 2nd, and 2 b prospects. If they resign Duchene its not bad... Id pay 2 1sts + 2 b prospects for duechene… specially w/ Columbus who have a solid young team that isn't likely going to be drafting in top 1-15 anytime soon.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
1st, 2nd, and 2 b prospects. If they resign Duchene its not bad... Id pay 2 1sts + 2 b prospects for duechene… specially w/ Columbus who have a solid young team that isn't likely going to be drafting in top 1-15 anytime soon.

They also have Panarin and Bobrovky to resign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad