Around the League 2018-19 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I know what you mean, but I think watching last year's playoffs was more miserable than missing. If they do well, I hope they really do well... not just good enough to get a crap pick and not win a playoff game. Either way, hopefully they are entertaining

I think injuries and Carlyle losing touch with the team he had were what led to that performance last year. I'm not worried about a repeat, yet. But we'll have to see how well Murray does behind the bench - it'll take a few games to get a read on that. If it's the same results, then I'm all for the tank.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
31 Thoughts: All eyes on Senators as trade deadline nears - Sportsnet.ca

16. With Ken Hitchcock watching practice from the seats one day and then blasting the Oilers’ effort following Saturday’s 5–2 loss to San Jose, that there were rumours he’d had enough and would step down. That obviously didn’t happen, but it underlines how tense things are in Edmonton.

I am going to die laughing.
Hughes is probably watching the standings and sweating every time Edm loses a game.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Hughes is probably watching the standings and sweating every time Edm loses a game.
Happens every 4 years or so, doesn't it?

DxfFRvKUwAAouL-.jpg

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
31 Thoughts: All eyes on Senators as trade deadline nears - Sportsnet.ca

16. With Ken Hitchcock watching practice from the seats one day and then blasting the Oilers’ effort following Saturday’s 5–2 loss to San Jose, that there were rumours he’d had enough and would step down. That obviously didn’t happen, but it underlines how tense things are in Edmonton.

I am going to die laughing.

Remarkable, ain't it? Dude literally came out of retirement out of love to try and save his hometown team and the sheer incompetence of the organization is thinking about making him quit in less than 3 months.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if this was a team like the sabres or blue jackets i'd honestly feel bad

but since its the oilers i just lol. that franchise and their fans deserve the absolute worst. can't wait until mcdavid demands a trade

Reactions: Fighter

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I would rather retire if I was Hitchcock too.

Guys a good coach who has had a very respectable career. I'm not sure what he gets out of being in that type of situation at his age.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Detroit winning tonight again, hope they hold on to win. Kings play Vancouver, need LA to win. Hopefully Vancouver puts Rick DiPietro 2.0 in net.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Draft Order watch:
LA & VAN tied 2-2 after 2 periods. LA tied it up in the 2nd period.
Ducks move back to the 4th pick if LA wins, Detroit will move to 3rd pick & LA to the 5th pick.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Draft Order watch:
LA & VAN tied 2-2 after 2 periods. LA tied it up in the 2nd period.
Ducks move back to the 4th pick if LA wins, Detroit will move to 3rd pick & LA to the 5th pick.

This LA-Vancouver game has been such a slog. It’s like watching 2 different sports after coming from the Toronto-Vegas game.

Anyway, 4 of the worst 7 teams in the NHL by points are in the Pacific Division. Our draft position is going to be decided largely by how we play in the final 7 (by my count) combined games against LA/Arizona/Edmonton

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This LA-Vancouver game has been such a slog. It’s like watching 2 different sports after coming from the Toronto-Vegas game.

Anyway, 4 of the worst 7 teams in the NHL by points are in the Pacific Division. Our draft position is going to be decided by largely how we play in the final 7 (by my count) combined games against LA/Arizona/Edmonton
Good thing Edmonton hates the Ducks with a passion & the German Draisaitl likes to light up Duck goalies as though he really wants to be traded to 'Anaheim'(German for Anna's House'.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

Anyway, 4 of the worst 7 teams in the NHL by points are in the Pacific Division. Our draft position is going to be decided largely by how we play in the final 7 (by my count) combined games against LA/Arizona/Edmonton

Turned to the news to see all the storm damage. Can only handle their announcers for so long.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
i thought anaheim meant "home by the river"
Ur right, i just googled it. I would love to have Draisaitl on this team, Jaegerhouse in Anaheim would create the 'Draisaitl special': Sauerbraten with Spatzle & Weltenburger Dunkel beer.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Jersey really stinks. We have been on an epically bad tear and somehow there are teams we can't catch.
It makes me wish they had gotten NJ's 2019 1st instead of Henrique, that would be two cracks at getting Hughes or Kakko & possibly both !

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Where was this pettersson in Anaheim

Also I love sam bennet wish we woulda have gotten him when he was potential available, granted on second viewing that was pretty text book interference.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Where was this pettersson in Anaheim

Also I love sam bennet wish we woulda have gotten him when he was potential available, granted on second viewing that was pretty text book interference.

Well he certainly ain't not soft swede. Makes me wonder what Fowler would do on a team like the Penguins.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Avoid physical contact and the front of the net, and shoot the puck into the defenders legs on the power play.
& in a season like this thats why he still gets more PP time than Hampus cause it helps the Tank. Fowler has one single PP point, that being an assist. The only Power Play goal scored by a Ducks Dman is from Hampus who has 6 points on the PP this year.

Must be frustrating for Hampus that he produces the best on the PP of all the teams Dmen this year & still doens't get to play much on it at all. Montour has only 3 PP points, all assists.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
& in a season like this thats why he still gets more PP time than Hampus cause it helps the Tank. Fowler has one single PP point, that being an assist. The only Power Play goal scored by a Ducks Dman is from Hampus who has 6 points on the PP this year.

Must be frustrating for Hampus that he produces the best on the PP of all the teams Dmen this year & still doens't get to play much on it at all. Montour has only 3 PP points, all assists.

Wait you actually think that the only reason Fowler is on the first unit is to help our tank? You think that Murray or Carlyle would actually purposefully try to not score on the PP???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad