Around the League 2018-19 Offseason Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Zucker agrees to an extension with Minnesota, which gives them a full roster with a little bit north of $1.7 million in cap space. So it seems like that anticipated Niedereitter trade might not happen after all. I guess the writing was on the wall with that one when they just bought out Ennis instead of trading him.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I must have had their cap hit pre-Ennis buyout burned in my head by accident; I didn't think they had as much breathing room as they do. It still wouldn't shock me if they dealt somebody eventually, if only to not have the status quo.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Yeah ever since Ennis was bought out, pursuing Niederreiter wasn't as real of a possibility. I still think Minnesota should start shuffling around. They've had the same core for how long now and can't get out of the first round

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I must have had their cap hit pre-Ennis buyout burned in my head by accident; I didn't think they had as much breathing room as they do. It still wouldn't shock me if they dealt somebody eventually, if only to not have the status quo.

They have the room for this year with some flexibility.

But I would have to imagine some of the guys like Niederreiter, Coyle, and Zucker are still on the trade block for the right offer. They have a nice wave of young forwards in Eriksson Ek, Greenway, and Kunin coming up that can make those guys expendable. Also if Kaprizov ever comes over there's another one.

They'd be foolish not to try to cash in on one of those guys especially if a young guy breaks out.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It only looks unholy because it’s Philly.

I can’t wait till our beautiful black jersey is revealed.

Edit: that was supposed to say ugly but I will leave it as unholy :laugh:

I think unholy is the correct adjective. I would also have accepted Cthulian, eldritch, or blasphemous.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

giphy.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wilson has 104 career points in nearly 400 career games lol

that is an absurd contract

His offensive improvement in the regular season and the playoffs this year better not be a mirage or that's another Beleksley type deal. He's getting paid based on the assumption his breakout was for real.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad