Around the League 2018-19 Offseason Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Very possible we start the season with 4 defenders 24 or younger.

We've seemed to have lost faith in Sev's ability to mature as a player, I know I have to an extent, but if he could stabilize his game it would go a long way towards us cementing ourselves as a playoff team.

Sevs got better last season and physically stronger

He could use guidance from Scott Stevens too

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
he didn’t look great in the playoffs but i haven’t given up on his development, he’s still young

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’m not seeing great progression by other teams other than TOR. As always teams will surprise like NJ did last year but adding a JVR or swapping players of largely similar ability doesn’t necessarily translate to significant on ice results, especially if the area bolstered in trade wasn’t the problem to begin with. I can see why Shero chose this year to commit to the youth movement again after last season’s playoff run.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
One on one he gets stripped of the puck. When he’s the only one back. That’s got to stop. He has to learn to shield the puck with his body in an emergency.
I can forgive that every once and a while, even though it's awful and should be corrected. Players who have the puck a lot are going to turn it over. The worst aspect of his game is zone coverage. He's atrocious at it.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I think Dumba got paid too much

Considering he has steadily progressed each year in the NHL, and hit 50 points last year, I think it's a fair deal. If he continues his trajectory, it could look like a steal in the 2020's.

I'm very curious to see what Zucker gets. He won't get ZP money, but he should certainly be their second-highest paid forward. If he gets ~$6M, MIN has ~$1M of space to play with. If he is awarded anything more, they're going to need to make a move.

His date is July 28.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Dumba made some mistakes in that first round against the Jets, but he played half the game and was also the only one on that team trying to make something happen while they got steamrolled. As someone skeptical of him, I came away impressed. It's not farfetched to see that deal as a steal by the end of this season.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i like these mainly just for the colors. get far far far away from black red imo
redditor fans were pissed. they wanted:

1.) main body color to be dark purple, instead of black
2.) teal in the triangle
3.) match the hockey sticks color with the ducks logo on the shoulders

X1LCwseB84zSsv-BE8O3Ce1d0DkQDnPJaDN-8tsROPs.jpg

once they pointed it out, i was like "yeah... this would've been better."

Camille the Eel

Dumba made some mistakes in that first round against the Jets, but he played half the game and was also the only one on that team trying to make something happen while they got steamrolled. As someone skeptical of him, I came away impressed. It's not farfetched to see that deal as a steal by the end of this season.
Yeah he showed a lot in that series. Big, skilled and competitive. Love this guy.

Reactions: My3Sons

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

2.) teal in the triangle

They could've dumped the shoulders entirely and just gone with a solid color like the original jersey too, but it's still pretty nice for a third jersey.

Now if they could just get rid of that stupid webbed D on their regular jerseys.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

2.) teal in the triangle

wait a min thats black? i thought it was dark purple. forget it then i hate the jerseys. nhl should make a rule (joking) no more black jerseys

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
wait a min thats black? i thought it was dark purple. forget it then i hate the jerseys. nhl should make a rule (joking) no more black jerseys
you can (barely) see the contrast between the dark purple stripe and the main black color of the jersey on the twitter post. that slight contrast throws the whole thing off

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

The jersey actually has all the colors the Ducks have worn in their existence incorporated into it somewhere (which I didn't realize until I read the press release). It's still way better than their regular jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad