Around the League 2018-19 Offseason Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
trotz is a very good coach but he's not spinning gold from straw here. there were a lot of years where he didn't get nashville into the playoffs and a lot of years where they were bounced early, ditto his first couple years with the caps

Reactions: Darkauron

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The Islanders current roster looks worse to me than I ever thought the Vegas roster did.

They even took back Matt Martin for seemingly little to no incentive at all. Other than “That grit, need team physicality and fighting”. Or maybe Lou wanted to piss Boomer off by having his son-in-law play for the rival of his favorite team again.
The difference is that we really didn't know exactly what Vegas had. A lot of their players were promising but untested. We have a pretty good idea where most of the Islanders players stand.

Reactions: NJDevs26

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
but a ****ty coach can make a decent roster lineup look horrible.

i really think people are underselling the isles, and mixing their desires with reality

I agree - I think the 'Tavares deserted us/everyone's against us' mentality will account for a few points too. They really have a pretty decent lineup talent wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->