Around the League 2018-19 Offseason Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Johansson is more of a playmaker than a goal scorer but production wise he's been relatively similar to Rico. So it's something to keep in mind during this season if you want MoJo for years 28-33 at 5+ million or do you think somebody like Boqvist would be ready to step in in 2019-20. Those 5M range contracts add up fast.

That’s a good point. I guess the brass will want to see if a healthy and adjusted MarJo can produce and would be worth the investment. If MarJo has a better than expected year he’d obviously command more if he reaches UFA status. Based on this past year’s TDL trades I’d suggest that Shero doesn’t necessarily view the cost to get MarJo as something that demands he be extended.

Reactions: HenriquesJawLine

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Johansson is more of a playmaker than a goal scorer but production wise he's been relatively similar to Rico. So it's something to keep in mind during this season if you want MoJo for years 28-33 at 5+ million or do you think somebody like Boqvist would be ready to step in in 2019-20. Those 5M range contracts add up fast.

If it only has a limited NTC, it would be okay, although it also depends on what else the Devils would be doing UFA-wise. Also depends on Boqvist's season - he hasn't shown much of a propensity for goal scoring; I'd like to see him score in the SHL.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That's a lot of money for a 3rd line center

Third-line centers don't put up 45-50 point seasons with 20-25+ goals. People here have skewed perceptions of what first-line, second-line and third-line type scoring is.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Third-line centers don't put up 45-50 point seasons with 20-25+ goals. People here have skewed perceptions of what first-line, second-line and third-line type scoring is.

I think that was posted with the assumption that Getzlaf and Kesler will be ahead of him by default, which likely isn’t true given the state of Kesler’s health.

From everything I’ve read and heard from Ducks fans, Henrique is their 2C moving forward. Kesler is basically written off.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What happens when Henrique doesn’t shoot 14% anymore? He could be like a 12 goal scorer.

I said his contract might get some GM fired, so the clock starts ticking right now for Murray. The Ducks have mostly been a “Contender” since he’s been there and have always come up short. He’s been there 10 years already and he brought back Retread Randy. This might be the beginning of the end for him, unless the cap goes up a lot over the next several years.

Reactions: theoptimist

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Henrique is a very accurate shooter. While any player can have a whole season where their shooting percentage just crashes, I’m not sure why Henrique’s shooting would disappear over the next 5 years.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah i mean he doesn't just shoot from just anywhere either, he's pretty selective and usually takes good shots from good shooting areas. it's not like all shots are equal and he is bound to have a "normal" shooting percentage because thats what the law of averages says

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Glad Henrique resigned in Anaheim for us to get that third round pick back. Is it our pick or the Ducks’ pick coming our way? If it’s the latter, I hope Anaheim stinks next season. Haha!

I think 5.85m per year is a good deal for player and team, especially with the salary cap continuing to rise. Sure- in year 4 or 5 when Henrique is 32/33, he may have regressed but that’s just the way it goes (not like he’s getting paid in excess of 7.5m). My opinion of the Vatanen trade doesn’t change whatsoever in light of this contract. I still maintain that was a trade we had to made. It’s one of the seemingly rare ones that’s working out well for both teams.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Henrique is a very accurate shooter. While any player can have a whole season where their shooting percentage just crashes, I’m not sure why Henrique’s shooting would disappear over the next 5 years.
There’s definitely a correlation between aging and shooting percentage lowering. Just look at Cammalleri’s last two years compred to his first 12 or 13 years in the league. I know he was 34 by the time it happened, but even an 11%-12% Henrique could be pretty mediocre. There’s also a correlation between an aging player and the ability to get shots off drying up. Henrique already doesn’t shoot a lot. He could be pretty bad with a lowered shooting percentage and even fewer shots generated.

Camille the Eel

Just reading the Columbus forum. Interesting that pretty much everyone there thinks the announcement from Paris today, after the meeting with Panarin, means that he will not resign in Columbus, not just now but period.

They seem to think Bobrovsky probably wants out too.

There is a real perception that today was a turning point with the bread man.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Just reading the Columbus forum. Interesting that pretty much everyone there thinks the announcement from Paris today, after the meeting with Panarin, means that he will not resign in Columbus, not just now but period.

Ugh. I feel bad for other small market teams that run into this sort of thing.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Bobrovsky is going to get a contract somebody will live to regret, so moving him might not be the worst idea for them. They do have Korpisalo waiting in the wings, although his stats are nothing to write home about so far.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Who could they even trade Bobrovsky to, that's not in the division? I guess Buffalo or St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad