Around the League, 2018-19 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
It would seem to go against his statements about wanting to play a faster style of game, but I'm not arguing he may do something to add some more grit to the lineup after seeing the success of Washington and Vegas. I don't know who is available in UFA that plays a similar style of game though. I would entertain the idea of swapping Silf for Simmonds. Salaries just about match and both players have one year left. Philly is rumored to be open to moving him (or at least were rumored to be around the deadline) and outside of Giroux and Voracek their forward group is pretty young and could probably use a guy with Silfverberg's defensive abilities.

Not a bad idea, but Simmonds is for sure gonna ask for more cash than Silf on his next deal, so Silf would be easier to extend

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Oh my gosh, that is a sweet deal for STL. Perron really likes it there. I wonder why he did not want to stay here.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
SJS and LAK have made some awful decisions as of late. Are they just banking on a lockout?

Madi Sherrick

Jul 1, 2018
California
They need to keep selling, Skinner should be next.
Its been what 12 years since they made the playoffs ?

Is their cap space still huge? If they keep selling this offseason, it’s for a well needed rebuild. They have a lot to improve on in both front office AND on the bench imo. They’ve been a team that has looked like it could be a good chance, and then totally disappoints.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Is their cap space still huge? If they keep selling this offseason, it’s for a well needed rebuild. They have a lot to improve on in both front office AND on the bench imo. They’ve been a team that has looked like it could be a good chance, and then totally disappoints.
Well if Carolina eventually needs help to stay at salary floor we can send them Perry.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So what is SJ going to do with all their cap space, Karlsson ? or some other trade involving a big salary coming back ?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That may be true, but it sure won't stop their dominating every conversation with how ****ing great they are.

This is true. I’ve already seen dynasty being floated around multiple times by delusional Leafs fans. When in reality they’re still miles behind Tampa for being the best in just their division.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah I agree. Those are two good players to add to an already good forward group.

Edit: also Perron back in the fold. They did well today.
And they kept all their prospects... Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin, Bokk, foley, fabbri

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not all of them, Thompson is legit, but yeah they did very well to actually drop their cap number and not give up a lot in terms of assets. Buffalo did really good too, definitely a win-win IMO.
I have Thompson as blues 4th or 5th best prospect... keepin their top 3 is pretty impressive

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Does anyone else have the feeling that SJ is going to somehow get Karlsson ?
What if its a 3 way trade ? SJ gets Karlsson, Carolina gets Bobby Ryan, SJ sends prospects/picks to both teams as well as Hertl & Heed being part of the trade.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If San Jose got Karlsson their D would be ridiculous. Karlsson, Burns and Vlasic would be the best top 3 since Pronger, Niedermayer and Beauchemin.

That said their top end talent in the middle blows. Assuming they sign Thornton they will go into the year with three number 2 Cs. It’s hard to win without an least one elite 1C.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad