California
Elias Lindholm to CGY
EDIT: AND Hanifin, holy crap

EDIT2: Lindholm and Hanifin for Hamilton, Ferland, Fox

Last edited:

PaddyMcStackin

Goalier Than Thou
Apr 18, 2018
I'd call that a blockbuster in today's NHL.

TO CAR: Dougie Hamilton, Michael Ferland, Adam Fox
TO CGY: Noah Hanifin, Elias Lindholm

I don't like that return for Carolina; but according to LeBrun, negotiations with Lindholm didn't go well. Better to move an asset with value before it becomes toxic/worthless. Carolina gets the best player now, but I feel like Hanafin and Lindholm will be more productive in Calgary. I'll be honest, I don't know anything about Adam Fox aside from he is attending Harvard.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Have to imagine that Carolina will deal Faulk now with Hamilton on the roster. Skinner will also likely be dealt soon.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Sharks getting Patches. Yeah, we should just tank next season. Don't see how we can really compete against the rest of the Pacific right now.

Reactions: flyboy341

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Sharks getting Patches. Yeah, we should just tank next season. Don't see how we can really compete against the rest of the Pacific right now.
How did they do that ? They have almost no prospects to make it worth it for Montreal & their roster is getting old.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I don't love the Kovalchuk deal, meaning that I don't hate it for LA. I think he'll easily be a $6M player for them for at least 2 of the 3 years. Annoying that he makes them better.

Regarding the Flames/Canes trade, I'll just quote myself from the trade board:
Well, I am torn. On the one hand, I thought Hamilton was pretty brutally overrated, but on the other hand, I don't think too much of Elias Lindholm and am unsure what Hanifin will become.
If Fox is great, then maybe that'll clinch it for the Canes.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I don't love the Kovalchuk deal, meaning that I don't hate it for LA. I think he'll easily be a $6M player for them for at least 2 of the 3 years. Annoying that he makes them better.

Regarding the Flames/Canes trade, I'll just quote myself from the trade board:

If Fox is great, then maybe that'll clinch it for the Canes.
Same here, i've never been a fan of Elias L, he played 81 games and barely scored more goals than his long lost brother Hampus. Hamilton has been traded so many times, I wonder what it is about him teams are willing to move on from him so fast.

Reactions: Vipers31

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Same here, i've never been a fan of Elias L, he played 81 games and barely scored more goals than his long lost brother Hampus. Hamilton has been traded so many times, I wonder what it is about him teams are willing to move on from him so fast.

Hamilton’s a weird one, he drives possession, produces a shit load of offense but his coaches barely trust him to play 20 mins per night, he’s prone to defensive breakdowns and bad penalties and he doesn’t play the PK.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Kovalchuk is a lot better still than a lot of people are giving him credit for

The problem with that contract is it’s a 35+ deal. If he bails on the Kings, they’re still on the hook for that money

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It's rumored to be SJ/TOR/DAL/VGK/TB.

Completely forgot about Vegas, obviously makes sense that they are one of the 5. Dallas surprises me as they have a similar makeup to the current Islanders team but that’s a scary thought having him and Seguin down the middle.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Wonder who the 5 teams Tavares will speak to are. Guessing St. Louis, Toronto, San Jose, Nashville and maybe Montreal.

I can’t see San Jose fitting him in thankful for us. Really hope he doesn’t end up in Nashville or Toronto and for his sake Montreal. Hopefully the Islanders can still get it done, keeps him East and playing for a team that doesn’t have an obnoxious fan base.

It's rumored to be SJ/TOR/DAL/VGK/TB.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Just saw the Cap Friendly report on the John Carlson contract. 8 million AAV for eight years, with the actual cash payout being $12 million per year for the first two years, $8 million for the next two years and $6 million for the remaining four years. He has a modified no trade clause.

Ouch. I guess Washington is happy that the cap went up to $79.5 million so that they could pay this amount of money.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The term is crazy but I think he’ll be worth that for the first 4 years easily.

They don’t win that cup without him

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Let's say this: the Kings are always willing to do something (for the good or for the bad), we're not.

Well, the Ducks did a lot. They added Kesler, they usually had some deadline deals. It is not that the Kings are doing so much more. Obviously they can do a little more due to the money they have to spend. The main question remains, would you like to add Kovy at that price and term? Secondly, LA and SJ seems to attract more players than ANA. I don't know why but they are in the pool of more rumors. Sure, the northern east coast teams are in a different league here but ANA seems not to be a destination for UFA.

@Carlson, well, that is the price you have to pay for a top player. None will sign for less than 8y at that price. If you want him for shorter, lets say 5-6y you may have to go 10-12m per year. So to keep the cap reasonable teams have to hand out the max. lenght. This will hit all teams around the league. Most are already in this situation and the rest will follow.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Yeah last year he was a top 10 dman in the league and he was money in the playoffs. And he’s been the guy the Caps have had paired with their lesser dmen the last few seasons.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
If you'd offer me a swap Kovalchuk - Perry, just the players but not the cap hits, I'd still do it.

That makes him worth it for the duration of the entire contract as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Duck Off

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Ugh, I predicted JT would go to SJ a year ago if he left NYI, and I think that's likely. I really hope he signs with NYI and stays the f*** away from the West. If he leaves, I hope he goes to Tampa. Not surprised he ruled out Montreal already. I saw that coming a mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->