Around the League, 2018-19 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
DSP extends, 1y 1m. Very cheap contract to stay in Washington.

So Smith-Pelly gets 7 goals in the playoffs, 2 GWG, has a great SCF and takes a $350k cut in pay? I realize the Carlson signing cap issue, but that would be a tough one. The only positive is he may have found a home.

John

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
DSP extends, 1y 1m. Very cheap contract to stay in Washington.
SC effect. Also i heard that:

Now Caps is "right place" for guys who falls at previous clubs. Glad to see that guys found "home". That also tells me that they expect more titles from themself

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
wow so Strickland saying Oilers may have a deal where they can trade Lucic. I know it's just me being paranoid and pessimistic but I really, really hope Bob doesn't trade Perry for him.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
wow so Strickland saying Oilers may have a deal where they can trade Lucic. I know it's just me being paranoid and pessimistic but I really, really hope Bob doesn't trade Perry for him.
Highly doubt it. Perry has the NMC and I doubt he waives it to go to Edmonton. Plus, Perry's contract may be bad for what he's producing but Lucic's contract is much worse and longer. I don't see any reason to worry about a Perry/Lucic swap.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I hope not too. For us to even consider it the Oilers would have to add a fair bit, both cap hits are equally as bad but Lucic has far more term.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

LOL I think the Oilers would not do this anyway. Btw. Lucic has a longer contract and has more cash bound than Corey. I can not see Bob doing this.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I hope not too. For us to even consider it the Oilers would have to add a fair bit, both cap hits are equally as bad but Lucic has far more term.
Perry is also the better player still. Lucic had 34 points in 82 games. He can't even do anything with McDavid or Draisaitl. He's awful

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
There's no way that's happening. Bob's whole agenda this offseason is to supposedly get faster. If he says that and then trades for an oaf...

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania

I like this a lot as a rival fan.

It certainly looks bad on paper. I think Doughty, Quick, and Kopitar will still be worth they money though. And a lot of those other guys will probably be moveable still because their cap hits are significantly higher than their actual salary in those years. Cap floor teams would have no problem adding Jeff Carter's 5+ million cap hit and 2 million dollar salary. Guys like Martinez and Phaneuf could probably easily be moved with some small retention also. The cap may also be well over 80 million by then. Throw in another expansion draft with the potential to swap an asset to take a bad contract, and I think the Kings will manage for the most part.

Also the collective bargaining agreement has an opt out in year 8 which is 2020. Kings may just be going for it in the next two years expecting a strike will come after that.

Reactions: PuckTenderizingMeat

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Couture's a fine player and all, but an 8x8 deal for a second line caliber center entering his 30's would make me pretty uneasy if I was a Sharks fan.

Reactions: McDonald19

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Couture's a fine player and all, but an 8x8 deal for a second line caliber center entering his 30's would make me pretty uneasy if I was a Sharks fan.

Yeah, Couture is not a guy who should be getting an 8 year contract. Those should be reserved for the absolute elite, not high end second liners.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, Couture is not a guy who should be getting an 8 year contract. Those should be reserved for the absolute elite, not high end second liners.

when that contract kicks in hell be 30... which means your paying him 8 mil until hes 38... that's a bit rough... then you are paying vlasic 7.25 until he is 39, and burns 8 mil a year till hes 39. Idk that might get ugly pretty quickly.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
To be fair Reaves is way better than Boll at hockey. Still way too much per year for that type of player. Thankfully it's only 2 years and GMGM knows he has tons of cap space to work with.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
After the Stanley cup and the success of Wilson and Reeves it tells me that those types of players are still valuable and I wonder if BM having the softest lineup this team has ever had learned something

Reactions: AngelDuck

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
After the Stanley cup and the success of Wilson and Reeves it tells me that those types of players are still valuable and I wonder if BM having the softest lineup this team has ever had learned something

It would seem to go against his statements about wanting to play a faster style of game, but I'm not arguing he may do something to add some more grit to the lineup after seeing the success of Washington and Vegas. I don't know who is available in UFA that plays a similar style of game though. I would entertain the idea of swapping Silf for Simmonds. Salaries just about match and both players have one year left. Philly is rumored to be open to moving him (or at least were rumored to be around the deadline) and outside of Giroux and Voracek their forward group is pretty young and could probably use a guy with Silfverberg's defensive abilities.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Dirk....
Wilson is a cement head, but can play a little. Reaves, well...I don’t understand the contract he just got, but he can play a little

We need more guys like Manson, who can play, but have enough edge to keep others honest.....no more Bolls who can’t play, and really couldn’t even scare anybody, he and Bieksa set new standards of useless

Reactions: nilssont
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad