Around the League 2014 (non-Yotes NHL talk)

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Habs score 3 goals in the last 3 and a half minutes to tie the game and then win it in overtime with Francis Bouillion's first goal of the season (and who was scratched for 18 of the last 20 games prior to this one).

Hilarious and fantastic. Sad I missed it, but going to games > watching on TV.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Habs score 3 goals in the last 3 and a half minutes to tie the game and then win it in overtime with Francis Bouillion's first goal of the season (and who was scratched for 18 of the last 20 games prior to this one).

That was a great 5 minutes of hockey. Even better that Turris was in the box for the game-tying goal.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Ben Scrivens just gave up a goal @ Carolina on par with Smith's butt goal. Check the highlights later for the goal that made it 1-1.

It's military appreciation day for the Hurricanes, and their moderately-useful-but-outrageously-good-looking interview chick (Chantel McCabe) just gave us this ...

os79fa.jpg

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012

Are you taking requests for which game you'll have on your stream?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Are you taking requests for which game you'll have on your stream?

If neither the Habs nor Coyotes are playing I tend to watch a game (or the final parts of it) anyway. I don't really have a preference usually and tend to pick something random, if there are any requests I can put it on.

Currently watching (and streaming) Habs @ Sabres, afterwards I'll probably put on the rest of Dallas @ Winnipeg.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Stars have a really condensed schedule over the next three weeks. There's definitely a chance to overtake them.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Stars schedule:

Tue Mar 18, 2014 @ Penguins
Thu Mar 20, 2014 @ Flyers
Sat Mar 22, 2014 Senators
-Mon Mar 24, 2014 Jets
-Tue Mar 25, 2014 @ Blackhawks
Fri Mar 28, 2014 Predators
Sat Mar 29, 2014 @ Blues
Tue Apr 1, 2014 @ Capitals
Thu Apr 3, 2014 @ Hurricanes
-Sat Apr 5, 2014 @ Lightning
-Sun Apr 6, 2014 @ Panthers
-Tue Apr 8, 2014 Predators
-Wed Apr 9, 2014 Blue Jackets
Fri Apr 11, 2014 Blues
Sun Apr 13, 2014 @ Coyotes

3 games the next day after a game (Yotes have 3 as well) plus many hard opponents for the Stars.

Look at April 5 through April 11, 5 games in 7 days.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Stars have a really condensed schedule over the next three weeks. There's definitely a chance to overtake them.

Looking at our own schedule I'm not all that optimistic though. Coyotes are gonna have to win some games they haven't been lately.
Not thrilled about our prospects vs the Kings.

After that I think we manage 2 points against:
Panthers
Rangers
Kings second game
Oilers
Predators

And squeak a point out of the Bruins.

So that's 11 points above where we are now for 86. Even with a win against Dallas on the last game for 88 I don't see it happening.

We would have to actually start being teams like Minnesota, Winnipeg, Columbus. Nothing lately has shown me the team has gotten it's act together for that.

Dallas might have a rough schedule in terms of travel and back to backs but they have some easy opponents too. And the second game on a couple of those back to backs are games Dallas should probably lose anyway against the Blues and Hawks.

I see Dallas with about 92 points by the time our season ending match up comes around.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
The sick thing is if we miss by 2, 4, or 6 points we are going to look back on the games where we should have won and games where we blew a nice lead and be very disappointed.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Stars schedule:

Tue Mar 18, 2014 @ Penguins
Thu Mar 20, 2014 @ Flyers
Sat Mar 22, 2014 Senators
-Mon Mar 24, 2014 Jets
-Tue Mar 25, 2014 @ Blackhawks
Fri Mar 28, 2014 Predators
Sat Mar 29, 2014 @ Blues
Tue Apr 1, 2014 @ Capitals
Thu Apr 3, 2014 @ Hurricanes
-Sat Apr 5, 2014 @ Lightning
-Sun Apr 6, 2014 @ Panthers
-Tue Apr 8, 2014 Predators
Fri Apr 11, 2014 Blues
Sun Apr 13, 2014 @ Coyotes

3 games the next day after a game (Yotes have 3 as well) plus many hard opponents for the Stars.

Look at April 5 through April 11, 5 games in 7 days.

Don't forget that for this game:
The Stars are losing 1-0 when it starts.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Ben Scrivens just gave up a goal @ Carolina on par with Smith's butt goal. Check the highlights later for the goal that made it 1-1.

It's military appreciation day for the Hurricanes, and their moderately-useful-but-outrageously-good-looking interview chick (Chantel McCabe) just gave us this ...

Welp, so much for their metal detectors and security screening teams at PNC Arena.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Looking at our own schedule I'm not all that optimistic though. Coyotes are gonna have to win some games they haven't been lately.
Not thrilled about our prospects vs the Kings.

After that I think we manage 2 points against:
Panthers
Rangers
Kings second game
Oilers
Predators

And squeak a point out of the Bruins.

So that's 11 points above where we are now for 86. Even with a win against Dallas on the last game for 88 I don't see it happening.

We would have to actually start being teams like Minnesota, Winnipeg, Columbus. Nothing lately has shown me the team has gotten it's act together for that.

Dallas might have a rough schedule in terms of travel and back to backs but they have some easy opponents too. And the second game on a couple of those back to backs are games Dallas should probably lose anyway against the Blues and Hawks.

I see Dallas with about 92 points by the time our season ending match up comes around.

I don't see Dallas with 92 points going into the last game. Letonin is coming back now, but we don't know how good or bad he will be, so that is a question mark. Peverle being out is hurting this team. Last nights disaster in in the Peg tells me that the team has some major internal issues.

Outside of the Montreal loss, we have had chances to win every game in March. Since March 1st, Smith has been one of the best goalies in the NHL and his play could carry us. We do need Hanzel back in the worst way though.

Minni could fall also while I see Vancouver or the Peg too far behind to pass both us and Dallas. I think we are 50/50 to make it in at the moment but with smith's play and the issues in Dallas, I like our chances. Besides that, I saw Tip and spoke to him at Home Depot yesterday. Nice guy, very engaging and upbeat about their chances..Nothing super specific, poker face like always....

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I don't see Dallas with 92 points going into the last game

Do you see us with more than 86? Cause I can't see that at all.

The only significant positive on this team lately has been Smith, and that wasn't enough to stop the disasters against Washington, St. Louis, and Tampa(only saved by the stupid shootout).

And most of our wins were pretty weak frankly. A 1-0 Win against Vancouver who are in disarray. Against Montreal on a back to back, and they still took the 2nd period off here. The shootout win after giving up a lead with a minute to go in Tampa. Two of the doormats in Florida and Calgary.

None of these fringe teams seem to want it right now, including the Yotes.

I hope someone gets hot and helps carry the offense, the defensive periods off stop, and Smith stays hot to make the 7th-8th seed. Cause a couple draft slots mean absolutely nothing to me. But the blown leads and poor efforts are not convincing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad