Around the League 2014 (non-Yotes NHL talk)

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
Does anyone know whether, when Columbus and Dallas play their makeup game, they continue the game from where it was stopped (Columbus ahead 1 to 0) or they start the game over from the beginning (ie, tied 0 to 0). Could have significance given the playoff race.

If it's anything like the Fischer deal, they'll start the game over from the beginning, but with Columbus leading 1-0.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Does anyone know whether, when Columbus and Dallas play their makeup game, they continue the game from where it was stopped (Columbus ahead 1 to 0) or they start the game over from the beginning (ie, tied 0 to 0). Could have significance given the playoff race.

The clock will literally start from the moment the game was paused. The NHL is very particular about that sort of thing.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
The clock will literally start from the moment the game was paused. The NHL is very particular about that sort of thing.

Maybe not.

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika 2h
Daly said NHL has date for DAL-CBJ and hopes to announce by end of day. Likely will play 60 minutes but start 1-0.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Gotta give credit to the Stars. To get out with a win in St Louis less than 24 hours after something like that happens is very impressive.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
It's odd, but that's exactly how the NHL handled the re-scheduled game when Jiri Fischer had a similar thing happen to him.

Oops, already mentioned.

I looked in the rule book and couldn't find anything about postponing a game due to injury during play. It only happened one other time with Jiri Fischer so I guess that set the precedence.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
$49 million is worth a first round exit and this in Toronto;

AnxiousGlitteringKawala.gif

I'll never understand the obsession with Phaneuf post Calgary glory days.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
$49 million is worth a first round exit and this in Toronto;

I'll never understand the obsession with Phaneuf post Calgary glory days.

Looked like the head was the principal point of contact and he left his feet..would be funny if he got a shanaban

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Phaneuf is like Kronwall minus the hockey IQ. Guy peaked during his rookie year and has never been the same since.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Pretty much the only potentially teams we could possible catch are Kings, Wild, and Stars. Unfortunately all these teams keep winning and we can't string together more than 2 wins in a row.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Dallas loses to Calgary in a shootout. I'll take it. Hopefully that gases the Flames for tomorrow too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad