Around the League 20 - Well.... we're waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Slavin just quietly does his thing on a small market team. He only seems to get noticed when we are nationally broadcast which is basically just the playoffs for us because they would rather put a mediocre Chicago or Rangers team on regular season broadcasts 30 times a season each. He would be in all the conservations for awards had he played for teams like that.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
It would be criminal if Slavin doesn’t win a Byng during his career. Obviously I’m biased, but it’s a bit grating that two of the three finalists either harassed a female security guard at 2:00 am or crashed their truck into a Tim’s while they were drunk.

And yes I realize it’s a pointless award. It’s the principle of the thing.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
With literally 0.1 seconds left when the puck crosses the line. Under review.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Man that’s close. Break out the quantum microscope.
yea, if it's THAT close with the clock expiring but 0% chance of not going in, you just gotta call it a goal...that would be laughable if they said no. It wasn't shot as the clock was expiring, it was literally 99% over the line at the potential 0.0 sec mark. It's bad enough they break out a micrometer on offsides and see if they can fit a hair under the skate.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I've seen 0.1 second goals before, but if it was broken down even further, I'm confident that'd be the least amount of time left I've ever seen. Usually when it's over at 0.1 it's pretty obvious. This was as close as it could possibly get. Go Avs go!

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
I muted most of the Avs/Blues game. The fake crowd/arena noise is just such bullshit. Like terrible cgi effects in movies.

What a tough way to lose. Shot hits post and rebounds right to an Av who now has a wide open net. .1 second left.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
yea, if it's THAT close with the clock expiring but 0% chance of not going in, you just gotta call it a goal...that would be laughable if they said no. It wasn't shot as the clock was expiring, it was literally 99% over the line at the potential 0.0 sec mark. It's bad enough they break out a micrometer on offsides and see if they can fit a hair under the skate.
I was expecting them to call it a goal. Mostly I just wanted to regurgitate that Futurama reference from the other day.

That was damn close though. I think Jussi just lost the record for latest game winning goal.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I've seen 0.1 second goals before, but if it was broken down even further, I'm confident that'd be the least amount of time left I've ever seen. Usually when it's over at 0.1 it's pretty obvious. This was as close as it could possibly get. Go Avs go!

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Because watching the replay, you can see the clock hit .1 before the puck even reaches the line. So when it’s still .1 and 99% over the line, you just know it’s so close to time expiring.

It was a good call and the right decision to take so long to make it. Because that one was a doozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad