Around the League 20 - Well.... we're waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Dylan Strome and Zach Smith (1 year cap dump) for draft picks?
Where would Strome even fit without finding someone to take a cap dump or two of our own? And is he going to play center? We already have Aho, Trocheck, Staal, Geekie, maybe Necas on the big club, then we have some promising prospects like Suzuki, Rees, and Drury.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Where would Strome even fit without finding someone to take a cap dump or two of our own? And is he going to play center? We already have Aho, Trocheck, Staal, Geekie, maybe Necas on the big club, then we have some promising prospects like Suzuki, Rees, and Drury.
Florida will need wingers. Dzingel to Florida.

Strome on Trocheck’s left with Necas?

let those three play positionless hockey

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

The Canes FO are disciples of the "get talent, fit later" motto, and they've proven to not be afraid of roster turnover if it improves the team. If Strome is available at a good value via trade, you can use said piece to free up room for other trades for roster upgrades elsewhere or extra picks/prospects.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Florida will need wingers. Dzingel to Florida.

Strome on Trocheck’s left with Necas?

let those three play positionless hockey

Bingo. A fully-positionless 2nd line with 3 good faceoff options gives me the drools. You could even deal Dzingel at 50% retained to Chicago in the same trade for an extra pick to give them some solid, cheap scoring options for Toews.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Maurice called the hit “filthy, dirty.” The guy has a reputation but it looks like Scheif hurt himself trying to turn away from the hit.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
i'm just gonna confess that the oilers are my bandwagon western team, collect my things, and exit.

tenor.gif

You poor thing.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Maurice called the hit “filthy, dirty.” The guy has a reputation but it looks like Scheif hurt himself trying to turn away from the hit.

I think the filthy dirty was in refernce to Tkachuk kicking at Laine's leg not the Schiefle play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad