Around the League 19: And Down the Stretch They Come...OK, Who Hit the Pause Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Exactly. If they are going to use something as a proxy for the uncertainty of the end of the regular season, I would have preferred one of the round robin scenarios. But we have our chance and more than ever, the past won't matter. We weren't a lock to make the playoffs before and we aren't now.

This team should be healthier than we left it and has been known for fast starts the last two years. Hopefully this all works out and we kick some Broadway blueshirt butt.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I agree about the round robin, though I see the rationale of keeping teams relatively isolated as well. But a round robin would definitely more closely approximate the end of a regular season.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Ooh, Rangers-Canes is going to be a ton of fun to watch. I wonder if our curse can be broken the same way that we broke our Caps curse: via the playoffs. One hilarious thing is that both Jeff Gorton and our Borg have no issues whatsoever with trading for each other's players and picks, while the rest of the league thinks that we're crazy for constantly doing long-term hockey trades with division rivals.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
What’s our injury recovery ETA’s on Pesce, Hamilton and Vatanen?.... you know... the entire Right side of our defence.

#TVRisgod

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I would think Hamilton and vatanen would be good to go but probably not pesce. Gotta be surreal for skjei to get traded, play a handful of games, have to do the quarantine deal, then jump back into a playoff series against his original team

Hamilton and Vatanen are already deemed ready to play by Waddell, so we can count on at least those two and TVR manning the RH side. It would be hilarious if Pesce was ready early, though. Slavin/Hamilton/Skjei/Pesce/Gardiner/Vatanen?! I want to see it just once haha!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Saw a little thing from Waddell on Twitter. Dougie is fine and has been skating 3 times a week. He will ramp it up when the plan is known for return. He's also been working out in the gym.
So all it takes to get Dougie in the gym is a pandemic to shut down all of the museums.

Good to know.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
LOL at the one guy in the comments who said "Canes should go back to being Nordiques". Dumbass.

Lot of Rangers fans talking shit too, time to silence them.

It’s nice their fans found their courage and voice on social media as an 11 seed in the Eastern Conference this year. Maybe they’ll even raise a banner to commemorate it.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
What’s our injury recovery ETA’s on Pesce, Hamilton and Vatanen?.... you know... the entire Right side of our defence.

#TVRisgod

Unless the playoffs wait until September, I don't expect Pesce. He had surgery with hopes to be ready to start next season.

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Vatanen
Gardiner-TVR
Fleury

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Not an ideal matchup, and I understand why the Canes would vote against it. Don't love the format, but whatever. Summer hockey is going to be breath of fresh covid-free air.

Reactions: cptjeff

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
2 things:
1. Based purely upon play before stoppage, no way RBA sits Fleury. Eddy and TVR sit. But who knows, odd circumstances to be sure.
2. What type of advantage will the higher seeds be given? Normally the higher seed gets home ice, but there will be no home ice advantage. Possible that the higher seeds start with a 1-0 series advantage? Curious to know if anyone has seen this topic discussed yet.

Reactions: cptjeff

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
2 things:
1. Based purely upon play before stoppage, no way RBA sits Fleury. Eddy and TVR sit. But who knows, odd circumstances to be sure.
2. What type of advantage will the higher seeds be given? Normally the higher seed gets home ice, but there will be no home ice advantage. Possible that the higher seeds start with a 1-0 series advantage? Curious to know if anyone has seen this topic discussed yet.

To us it seems clear that Fleury should be playing but I fully expect to see him sitting again because of Brindy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad