Around the League '15-'16: New Years Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
LOL. He's an acquired taste for sure. I grew up watching Hawks games so I've gotten used to it. Probably the same way people got used to Doc Emrick whose voice annoys the hell out of me.
Emrick is average in the voice regard... At least he is a play caller rather then story teller.
Someone should mail Eddie and Foley that they are alowed to talk about Hurricanes too on their national broadcast...

I am such a horrible person to say things like this on the anonymous web but: I really hate Eddies analyses.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Seriously. Eddie had the opportunity to say how much speed the Huricanes generated in the last chance, he went with his homer-ism. A lot of praise for Darling for that routine save on a rather weak backhander..

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Avs already going to mail in tonight to give the Sharks two points and get up for us tomorrow night of course

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
so it looks like we're getting varlarmov tomorrow, is that a good thing?

Nope. He's facing a trial in Colorado right now. We'll see either Pickard or the AHL back up.

Why the league didn't throw the book at him like Voynov is beyond me:

The trim blonde said that Varlamov kicked, beat, and dragged her by the hair, following a Halloween party on Oct. 28, 2013.

During the incident, he told her, "if we were not in America, I could have killed you."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29434440/avs-goalie-told-ex-i-could-have-killed

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/with-varlamov-on-trial--patrick-roy-almost-played-goal-for-avalanche-212955774.html

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nope. He's facing a trial in Colorado right now. We'll see either Pickard or the AHL back up.

Why the league didn't throw the book at him like Voynov is beyond me:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29434440/avs-goalie-told-ex-i-could-have-killed

avs-goalie-told-ex-i-could-have-killed

Civil trial vs. criminal trial. That's about it. Details in Varlamov's deal were every bit as horrifying.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So if Voynovs would've been a civil trial, he'd have played the entire season until the court date? :shakehead

Varlamov's criminal proceedings were dismissed altogether, so they've only proceeded with a civil trial. As he's not being charged with a crime, the NHL is just ignoring the whole thing. Same story with Ribeiro, etc.

In other words, do whatever you want and the NHL will turn away, just don't get in trouble with the actual police. Well, unless you're ROR, because drunk driving isn't a big deal.

I hope I don't need to point out I'm being crass and sarcastic. I appreciate how the NHL has handled their criminal cases (minus O'Reilly's), but I think it's disgusting how they've handled some of the civil trial issues. Yes, I'm aware of Doughty's.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
siiiiiigh

so sick of other pacific teams getting off the hook

arizona last night was the best, what was it, 4 shots on goal entering the 3rd? Minny had the game well in hand then Dubnyk just gave teh puck away with like a minute left. Arizona won in the shootout

Everyone is coming through and dropping turds except when they play us.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
So if Voynovs would've been a civil trial, he'd have played the entire season until the court date? :shakehead

Nope his was a criminal case first but it got dropped because no other witnesses, no hospital visit.
Voynov happen after Ray Rice

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
is there like a real, constructive reason that there's constantly like 3-4 thinly veiled (or not at all) Karlsson threads going on the main board despite there already being an "Erik Karlsson discussion"? i'm honestly compelled to make a Drew Doughty discussion thread and bump it any time he does literally anything at all, i can definitely play this "totally unbiased" blind-homer-hype-train game

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
is there like a real, constructive reason that there's constantly like 3-4 thinly veiled (or not at all) Karlsson threads going on the main board despite there already being an "Erik Karlsson discussion"? i'm honestly compelled to make a Drew Doughty discussion thread and bump it any time he does literally anything at all, i can definitely play this "totally unbiased" blind-homer-hype-train game

is it worth the infractions? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad