Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Good opportunity for Kylington. Hope he takes the ball and runs with it. Next game I'll really be watching his play. I'm hoping to be impressed. I haven't seen him play at all this year other than those preseason games and those type of games really don't count for much.

Question.. what do the Flames do if Kylington plays great and its obvious that he should be playing in the NHL this season?

Who’s spot do you think he’s capable of taking?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Who’s spot do you think he’s capable of taking?
I honestly don't know.... perhaps Valimaki's. Just saying that if his stint up here with the Flames proves that he belongs in the NHL its a tough decison for Treliving.. Certainly not a decsion I'd want on my desk. First world problems that teams like the Oilers would kill for.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I honestly don't know.... perhaps Valimaki's. Just saying that if his stint up here with the Flames proves that he belongs in the NHL its a tough decison for Treliving.. Certainly not a decsion I'd want on my desk. First world problems that teams like the Oilers would kill for.

He’s probably the most likely, I agree. But he will really have to blow the doors off the hinges when he plays.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
This might be an interest to you some of you.

We are seeking both the serious journalist who likes posting often, our beat writers, as well as part-timers. Experienced casual writers who write at a high level but may only have time for a weekly post can also call THW home.
Requirements:

Professionalism at all times
Experience writing online, this should not be your first kick at the can
An ability to consistently deliver high-quality work
Publishing a minimum of 4 monthly posts
A social media presence for sharing your work and potentially the work of your colleagues

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I would love to do this type of thing, sadly I don’t have the time.
I envy those that have the skill to do this. Writing was/is always difficult for me.. lots of corrections and do overs .. not that I didn't have intelligent thoughts and ideas. The challenge for me was to get them on paper in a coherent and effortless manner. When I was in school computers and word processing programs didn't exist. It was strictly pen and paper and a typewriter. There were lots and lots of cross outs, deletions, and re-drafts whenever I had to do an essay. I envied those who could just bang out an essay with nary a change.
I always found maths and sciences much easier.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I envy those that have the skill to do this. Writing was/is always difficult for me.. lots of corrections and do overs .. not that I didn't have intelligent thoughts and ideas. The challenge for me was to get them on paper in a coherent and effortless manner. When I was in school computers and word processing programs didn't exist. It was strictly pen and paper and a typewriter. There were lots and lots of cross outs, deletions, and re-drafts whenever I had to do an essay. I envied those who could just bang out an essay with nary a change.
I always found maths and sciences much easier.

Yeah my editing skills are not the best either. I constantly miss words in my sentence and even when I go back to edit, my brain doesn’t always pick them up.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah my editing skills are not the best either. I constantly miss words in my sentence and even when I go back to edit, my brain doesn’t always pick them up.

I think that's most people cause your brain is just programmed to fill in gaps in all sorts of situations (vision, memory, etc), not just writing. I find when you do a once over on anything you write, but read it aloud, you'll catch a lot of things you've missed.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Random question of the day. I splurged and bought my girlfriend some pretty kick ass seats for the Dallas game tomorrow. They are row six, literally mid ice, right behind the players bench. My question...Will our view be obscured by the bench at all, or will we be high enough to have an excellent view? Never sat in seats this close before.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Random question of the day. I splurged and bought my girlfriend some pretty kick ass seats for the Dallas game tomorrow. They are row six, literally mid ice, right behind the players bench. My question...Will our view be obscured by the bench at all, or will we be high enough to have an excellent view? Never sat in seats this close before.
I would think they would be pretty nice seats. 6 rows up should give you a nice view.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Isn't their an app out there that shows you what the view is from your seat?

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Dallas is on a back to back when they play us. I have a feeling the Oilers will come out hard in game one after losing to LA. Could have something to do with it.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well, if Smith does get the start against Dallas and he shits the bed, I doubt he'll get another start until the Dec 8/9 B2B games against Nashville and Edmonton. Still hoping that Peters does the smart thing and starts Rittich against Dallas. Wins are more important than hurt feelings.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I've sat in the 7th row behind the visitor bench.

You'll lose sight of the puck in the near corner(s) and along the near boards but that's off set by hearing the people yell on the bench.

Added bonus is that you're too high up to be on tv constantly.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Those seats are prime time, I would argue best seats in the entire arena. Make sure she thanks you properly.

With some nachos and malt ice cream.

Reactions: Corpus X
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad