Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019

Very interesting shake up. I'm excited to see Huberdeau with Backlund. If anyone can get him going.. I'll bank on Backs. Hopefully they stick together for awhile.

It's also so odd seeing comments online (granted, only from fans as far as I know) about a Huberdeau and Johnny swap. I would have to assume they're just in jest, because holy mackerel, the guy and his wife aren't going to want to come back here. Why'd he leave? Lol. I'm sure he's loving the lack of intense spotlight and rabid fan criticism. I don't understand why it's even being talked about. It's gotta be in jest. 0_0

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Finally! Backs and Huby together. About f***ing time.

I tried looking up Huby's production by line last year, but I think the data is corrupted as it shows him getting 1 point on a line he wasn't on, and shows him getting 4 points with no linemates....?

But it looks like he had 10-15 ES points playing with Backlund last year... dobbers frozen tools says 11, but Backlund is on the line where HUby isn't but says he got a point, and 4 where he had "no linemates"... which he clearly had and Backs could have easily been one of them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Wizard of Oes(terle) has returned.

Flames have recalled Oz this morning, I think it is safe to assume it is for Tanev if he's unable to play tomorrow.

Reactions: Fig and Boomstick

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I am excited! :D Especially since I'll have more time to watch the games from this point onwards. :)

giphy.gif

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
does this mean we get figgy in the GDTs?

More often, yes I will join the GDTs. :)

I've been ultra busy for the last 8-10 weeks at work and left work more times after midnight in the last 5 weeks than I'd like to admit was necessary. My brain is still kinda scrambled eggs, but if I'm not doing as many 12-14 hour days plus being able to sleep in on the coming weekends for a few days, I think I'll bounce back quickly.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Surely he's been skating and keeping in shape the whole time he's been "injured"?

Reactions: Boomstick

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Any news on when Pelletier will be back? I remember it was something like 6 months out when he got hurt in September

Reactions: Boomstick

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Surely he's been skating and keeping in shape the whole time he's been "injured"?

Who knows. We don't know what his scenario was. Maybe he did, maybe he couldn't get out of bed. It was private.

The good thing is that his speed is such that he could come back at 60% and not be completely awful game speed wise as long as he focuses on a simple game with a partner who can insulate him.

And don't call me Shirley. ;)

Any news on when Pelletier will be back? I remember it was something like 6 months out when he got hurt in September

Using Bennett as a comparison, best to expect after TDL.

On another note. Apparently Eddie Lack chirped the Oilers about how poor their goaltending was a bout a week ago on Twitter/X. Did anyone see it? (I don't have that app).

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Who knows. We don't know what his scenario was. Maybe he did, maybe he couldn't get out of bed. It was private.

The good thing is that his speed is such that he could come back at 60% and not be completely awful game speed wise as long as he focuses on a simple game with a partner who can insulate him.

And don't call me Shirley. ;)

Using Bennett as a comparison, best to expect after TDL.

On another note. Apparently Eddie Lack chirped the Oilers about how poor their goaltending was a bout a week ago on Twitter/X. Did anyone see it? (I don't have that app).
Screenshot_20231201-163239~2.png

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland