Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

What the f*** is Huska doing?

Deer in headlights. Just dicking around the lines every game so there is no chance of establishing chemistry. Coronato as the 4th line centre? Zary at RW?

Hunt is a new pet or something?
Why is this guy on the PP and top 6

He is not even qualified as a 13th forward on most team

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He has to be because I haven't seen anything yet to warrant the type of opportunity he's been getting. It's worse than Trevor Lewis.

Or he's there to send a message.

I don't know what message you're sending doing that though.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I suspect the message is that Huska is wildly in over his head

I don't recall this level of confusion and chaos even with rookie coaches like Gully and Ward though. I think it's more than just rookie coach issues. I think the AC group supporting Huska is even greener and unfamiliar with the group than what Gully and Ward dealt with at those times.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

hey they're doing it
Actually giving some youth a chance. Nice that the farm team is in Calgary now for exactly this reason.

At the very least Pospisil is fun to watch. Complete SOB out there.

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They must want Solo playing top minutes for the Wranglers, also don't want him sitting in the press box as Gilbert does deserve to play

Pospisil has played well for the Wranglers, he's at a point per game and has been the top line LW.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I love these photos

F-BQapRbgAAZbc9

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Good on him getting a call up. Is he the last one of the Slovak trio

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I hope if the season continues to go to crap we have a revolving door of Wranglers. I'd really like to see some of these guys who are getting into the AHL tweener (Jones, MEP, Schwindt?) category at least get an audition.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The great tank on progress

Huska is just making random line matching

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Pospisil looked good in preseason; he carried himself like a NHLer but yeah just a 4th line guy. But I liked what he brought.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm a bit surprised it was only 1 game, but this is clearly letting a guy off easy because it's their first offense. If he was a repeat offender he'd probably have gotten 4 games.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He has been a good boy and they believe his explanation that he lost balanced.
Everyone knows Mangi has balance issue
It’s puzzling to me that an NHL player actually falls that many times every game

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Khrox

May 31, 2018
It's also NHL logic too. There was more than half the game remaining when he got ejected, so if he would have gotten a "2 game suspension" in their eyes, that would qualify as the first game (it was also why Ras got 4 games instead of 3. Every other recent case of that exact hit by a first time offender, there was more than half the game left with the ejection, so they count that as the first game, where Ras was less than half a game left, so they gave him 4 games).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad