Around Hockey XXIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I can't follow this Buffalo Eichel situation any more.

I thought Eichel wanted the fusion surgery and the team didn't. Now they are saying he doesn't want the surgery when he failed his physical while the team thinks it is the right thing to do? Am I understanding this right?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I can't follow this Buffalo Eichel situation any more.

I thought Eichel wanted the fusion surgery and the team didn't. Now they are saying he doesn't want the surgery when he failed his physical while the team thinks it is the right thing to do? Am I understanding this right?

I think it's the opposite, the team doctor wants the fusion surgery and he (based on the opinions of experts) wants a newer surgery that hasn't previously been performed on an NHL player. Curious to see how this goes, but certainly doesn't look like he'll ever play for the Sabres again.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think it's the opposite, the team doctor wants the fusion surgery and he (based on the opinions of experts) wants a newer surgery that hasn't previously been performed on an NHL player. Curious to see how this goes, but certainly doesn't look like he'll ever play for the Sabres again.
Maybe that’s it. I was thinking the fusion surgery was the newer option but I guess I was thinking wrong.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I always get into the weeds on these kinds of things because I want more context. In this case, I want to know what's the purpose of a goal song?

Keep the organ player (old school) guy employed?
Everyone else has one
Gets people excited- not that the goal didn't.

On a related note I've always wondered what the purpose of hockey is?

Give short people a sport to play in the winter other than basketball?

Allow psychopaths to wreak havoc ad not get arrested

Interesting things to ponder...:dunno:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Keep the organ player (old school) guy employed?
Everyone else has one
Gets people excited- not that the goal didn't.

Allow psychopaths to wreak havoc ad not get arrested

Interesting things to ponder...:dunno:

You too, eh?

Reactions: EspenK

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

It would make more sense if basketball was invented earlier.

Personally, I've always found more aesthetic value and enjoyment watching people skate rather than jump and run kind of movement.

Reactions: Viqsi

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It would make more sense if basketball was invented earlier.

Personally, I've always found more aesthetic value and enjoyment watching people skate rather than jump and run kind of movement.

I agree on the beauty of skating. It's especially pleasing compared to basketball, which always looks awkward to me. I love the athleticism of football, that is beautiful to me too, I just can't stay interested when there's only 10 minutes of actual play spread across three hours.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I agree on the beauty of skating. It's especially pleasing compared to basketball, which always looks awkward to me. I love the athleticism of football, that is beautiful to me too, I just can't stay interested when there's only 10 minutes of actual play spread across three hours.

Teams that skate exceptionally well have always fascinated me. the Habs of the 60's & 70's were just beautiful to watch. Not reliant on one man break aways the whole team had precision.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I remember there was some talk about us trading down for or picking Brown 3rd in 2016. Looks like we dodged a bullet

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I really don't like playing with the idea that someone's ultimately a bad person, even if we're talking about Carter, let alone Marchand or Wilson. There are questionable and just downright bad actions in hockey that some people do more often than others and for which they should be accountable for, but saying someone is bad as a person makes it sound like he can't change his habits or affect anymore on how he's being perceived by others, no matter what he will do on and off the ice for the rest of his life.

Given all the facts we've been told, Carter acted like an adult baby who cried his way out of town he never wanted to land in the first place. It was an unpleasant series of events to witness as a CBJ fan, a series filled with poor hockey management, bad luck and selfishness. But to unironically hate and boo someone because of all that mess 10 years later is just weird to me.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
SIAP...I was reading Portzline's twitter feed and saw where Alison Lukan is covering the Seattle Kraken? You mean we lose her and get stuck with Dave Maetzold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad