Around Hockey XXIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Puke Dublah is a massive turnover machine. Whatever caused him to want out of Columbus was a Godsend.

Alex Galchenyuk v2.0

Last edited by a moderator:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Firm control of the series. Vegas is going to win this, and maybe the cup (Tampa-Vegas will be a great series)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Montreal hasn't trailed in almost 6 games now.

.....just sayin.....

What are you saying? The North sucks?

I rate the remaking teams as

Tampa

—— Medium gap ——

Vegas, Colorado, Boston

—— Small gap ——

Carolina, Islanders

—— Big gap ——

some already eliminated teams

— medium gap ——

Montreal with Price playing like he is playing

—— Medium gap ——

Jets without Scheifele

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
upload_2021-6-7_10-37-19.png

Bill Zito is the one we let get away: the guy just had an awesome first year running the Panthers, and his signings made huge contributions. I am very happy Zito & the Panthers.. but it made me puke in my mouth at the same time.

Panthers gave us Doug MacLean, inturn we gave them Bill Zito, and he made astute pickups of DuClair, Wennberg, Nutivarra, as well as great moves on Forsling, Hornquist, Bennett.

We have a history of keeping the wrong one.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
The best hockey series I have seen in a while has been Avs vs GK. Fast paced, really great hip checks (& some holding), but great pace and anyone on the ice has the ability to convert.

Jonathon Marchessault just had a hat trick last night, Wild Bill is very steady, Kolesar is a wrecking ball, in a good way.. argh!!!!!!!!!

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
View attachment 444511

Bill Zito is the one we let get away: the guy just had an awesome first year running the Panthers, and his signings made huge contributions. I am very happy Zito & the Panthers.. but it made me puke in my mouth at the same time.

Panthers gave us Doug MacLean, inturn we gave them Bill Zito, and he made astute pickups of DuClair, Wennberg, Nutivarra, as well as great moves on Forsling, Hornquist, Bennett.

We have a history of keeping the wrong one.
He also did a fine job with the Monsters.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio

Tampa

—— Medium gap ——

Vegas, Colorado, Boston

I think any of the lower three have a good chance to beat Tampa - next series should be very telling for the Bolts. I think the winner of the Avs Knights series goes on to win it all.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Tampa

—— Medium gap ——

Vegas, Colorado, Boston

—— Small gap ——

Carolina, Islanders

—— Big gap ——

some already eliminated teams

— medium gap ——

Montreal with Price playing like he is playing

—— Medium gap ——

Jets without Scheifele

Watching Vegas/Colorado, I have to wonder if even Tampa can hold up to that onslaught.

I think you're underrating Montreal here, that is a playoff team through and through. The way they are built is very economical for the job of winning the Cup, economizing on talent that is. I wouldn't favor them but I'd give them a shot.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Vegas has outplayed Colorado 3 games in a row IMO. They're my pick to win.

Montreal has run into a Jets team that has gone sour and Price is playing at the top of his game.

Montreal will be lucky to win 2 games against either COL or LV in the next series. A 4-0 sweep of them by either wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Watching Vegas/Colorado, I have to wonder if even Tampa can hold up to that onslaught.

I think you're underrating Montreal here, that is a playoff team through and through. The way they are built is very economical for the job of winning the Cup, economizing on talent that is. I wouldn't favor them but I'd give them a shot.

I think the best hockey team I have seen this year is the Hurricanes with a healthy Mrazek. The only reason I don’t have the Canes on the same level as Tampa (or next level down) is goalie doubts.

It is so hard to compare across divisions this year. I really do think the Central was the best division. Defending Stanley Cup champ and runner up. Carolina is a great team. Panthers have improved a lot. Chicago, Nashville, and the CBJ (until sell of) were no slouches. Only gimme was Detroit.

I did think the North was hot garbage. Entertaining regular season hockey, but I think all 4 teams would have had first round playoff exits in a normal year unless they played another Canadian team.

Colorado and Vegas both look tough. But you can’t make a mistake against Tampa or you will pay. They can score so many different ways. I really think Tampa is focused on repeating. Losing to us still stings for them. And I don’t think they have peaked yet.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Vegas has outplayed Colorado 3 games in a row IMO. They're my pick to win.

Montreal has run into a Jets team that has gone sour and Price is playing at the top of his game.

Montreal will be lucky to win 2 games against either COL or LV in the next series. A 4-0 sweep of them by either wouldn't be much of a surprise.

I think montreal could take Colorado. Unlikely, but possible.

they’d get run through by Vegas though. They’re the best team In the league

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think montreal could take Colorado. Unlikely, but possible.

they’d get run through by Vegas though. They’re the best team In the league

I'd be curious to see how a Vegas-Habs match would go. I'm not sure if it's an obvious slam dunk. Vegas is huge and fast. They love to go end to end and skate teams into exhaustion. Montreal just isn't going to play that way though. They'll gum it up and play ugly playoff hockey and it will be a war of the big men. Certainly with either style, Vegas is still favored. But there's room for an underdog victory playing Montreal's way.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The odds for Montreal vs. either Vegas or Colorado will be huge. I love taking underdogs, but I just don't see a Montreal 3rd round victory happening.

Reactions: Byrral

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I'd be curious to see how a Vegas-Habs match would go. I'm not sure if it's an obvious slam dunk. Vegas is huge and fast. They love to go end to end and skate teams into exhaustion. Montreal just isn't going to play that way though. They'll gum it up and play ugly playoff hockey and it will be a war of the big men. Certainly with either style, Vegas is still favored. But there's room for an underdog victory playing Montreal's way.

I feel like it’s similar to the Minnesota series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad