Around Hockey XXIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Brandon Saad is still a pretty good hockey player in the playoffs. 6 goals in 8 games this year.

And MAF is still throwing playoff games for his team. That Saad goal might have been worse than the 2014 Foligno floater he let in.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Absolutely disgusting how we saw Karlsson every day in practice and couldn’t recognize he was being badly misused

Reactions: Fro

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Absolutely disgusting how we saw Karlsson every day in practice and couldn’t recognize he was being badly misused

Not this nonsense again.

Torts played the heck out of Karlsson, he had all the chances he needed. The guy just didn't create offense, not for us, not for Springfield (zero points in 15 games), and not for the Ducks, who gave him away for a nearly-retired Wisniewski.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Vegas: completely dominates Colorado for three straight games. Wins two of them, including in come from behind fashion.

also Vegas: gets heavily outplayed on the road, goes down 2-0 on a bad goal and a dominating shift, wins anyway.

Vegas is winning the whole thing. I’m convinced of it. Only Tampa can stop them, and even if they meet I’m leaning Vegas

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Vegas: completely dominates Colorado for three straight games. Wins two of them, including in come from behind fashion.

also Vegas: gets heavily outplayed on the road, goes down 2-0 on a bad goal and a dominating shift, wins anyway.

Vegas is winning the whole thing. I’m convinced of it. Only Tampa can stop them, and even if they meet I’m leaning Vegas
F Vegas.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Hello CBJ fans! Visiting Canucks fan here...

It was reported by our local media and by Elliotte Friedman that the Canucks are likely going to hire Brad Shaw as an assistant coach. Likely to run our defense and PK.

How do you CBJ fans feel about him? Anything in particular you thought he coached well? Anything his teams struggled with?

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

It was reported by our local media and by Elliotte Friedman that the Canucks are likely going to hire Brad Shaw as an assistant coach. Likely to run our defense and PK.

How do you CBJ fans feel about him? Anything in particular you thought he coached well? Anything his teams struggled with?

He’ll be great for Hughes

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah if they want to play there.

Did you ever hear that story about the Jackets trying to trade for Stone in 2019, but he wouldn't extend with Columbus?

no because im pretty sure thats not true.

I do recall us being interested in Stone (and Duchene obviously) but that the price for Stone was too rich (on top of Duchene). We didn't have the bullets to get Stone AND Duchene, and if they were after one or the other, then Stone not wanting to sign here didn't matter since we didn't care that Duchene wanted to leave.

Reactions: cslebn

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

That's a great choice. Shaw seemed to be pretty good at finding good simple tactics for the D to succeed with. It worked up until this year. The PK was also great most of the time. I would tell you what his style would be but I'm sure he's going to try to adapt to your player's strengths. He's a super smart guy.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
no because im pretty sure thats not true.

I do recall us being interested in Stone (and Duchene obviously) but that the price for Stone was too rich (on top of Duchene). We didn't have the bullets to get Stone AND Duchene, and if they were after one or the other, then Stone not wanting to sign here didn't matter since we didn't care that Duchene wanted to leave.

I recall Jarmo saying the price was too high but I also remember a report that Stone turned down extension talks with everyone but Vegas. I thought Columbus was that other suitor, but now that you mention it I can't remember if they were named or not.

In any case, I don't follow what you're saying about it not mattering whether Stone would sign here. If the Jackets and Stone could agree on a deal then I can't imagine that wouldn't affect the trade offer the Jackets would be willing to make. Maybe the "price was too high" because he wouldn't extend, but it would not be too high if he was extended? Or perhaps the Jackets would have paid more but Ottawa's ask was still too high beyond that. Who knows. The point is Vegas has it easy.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

As long as he doesn’t coach your power play, he is a good hire. Our defense and PK were both strengths for most of his tenure.

His wife writes children’s books. Brady Brady Childrens Books

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
The point is Vegas has it easy.

Yup - the entire point is that Stone only wanted to go to Vegas in the long run. Pietrangelo only wanted to go to LV. And some gibbering moron on the net with a check mark beside his Twitter profile wants to make it into "LOL it's easy to get great players you just have to try".

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: majormajor and DJA

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I know we hate him and rightly so, but here he is not blaming an injury for his poor play and it was a difficult year whether we’re inclined to be sympathetic or not. He’s still persona non grata as far as I’m concerned but I wanted to get in on reaction to these quotes with something that’s fair and objective.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I know we hate him and rightly so, but here he is not blaming an injury for his poor play and it was a difficult year whether we’re inclined to be sympathetic or not. He’s still persona non grata as far as I’m concerned but I wanted to get in on reaction to these quotes with something that’s fair and objective.

Some people didn’t give a shit about similar quotes Laine gave. So I can’t imagine this is going over much differently.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015

Nah, Tampa Bay has the most talent in the league, even more than Colorado, and they have the experience. It’s their cup to lose. They won 36 games coasting all season with no Kucherov and Stamkos out again for significant amounts of time. Shows their depth and ability as an overall unit.

Reactions: koteka

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I'm gonna say the winner of Vegas/ Avs/ Montreal has a decent chance of beating TB. I agree that TB is stacked and Vas is so good, but I'm not willing to concede that the NYI won't beat TB.

Reactions: rotsbu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad