Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
E2xVGq5XoAItnD3

That's hilarious. The one guy who had Leafs in 7 is Eric Engels, who is a Habs homer reporter.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Real estate agent in Scottsdale - this guy snowbirds :lol:

A good chunk of his clients are assuredly Vancouverites with spare cash from real estate wealth, looking to buy a winter place in the Sunbelt. (I've got the type in the family, and I've heard there are many thousands of Canadian snowbirds in places like Scottsdale, Palm Springs, etc...). Many would pay extra to be able to say they bought the place with Eddie Lack's help.

Reactions: CPTN71

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Anyone else liking the East-West match ups we couldn't get unless the teams met in the Finals? Canes-Preds was good and Lea...err...Habs-Jets will be fun. It's good to see different teams playing each other. I think conferences are a relic of the past, embrace the 32 team table, where the top half get in no matter what conference they would be in. Play each team twice, 62 total games, this year showed that 82 games is alot of bloat.

Reactions: CPTN71

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Anyone else liking the East-West match ups we couldn't get unless the teams met in the Finals? Canes-Preds was good and Lea...err...Habs-Jets will be fun. It's good to see different teams playing each other. I think conferences are a relic of the past, embrace the 32 team table, where the top half get in no matter what conference they would be in. Play each team twice, 62 total games, this year showed that 82 games is alot of bloat.

I agree.

Not so much that I like the novel matchups, but it would make it easier for the Jackets. Easier to get 16th in the league than 8th in the East.

And I also agree that 62 games would be much preferred by many fans and assuredly by the players. They make more money with more games though, obviously, so it's not going to happen.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
That means MacKinnon is averaging 0.62 goals, 0.84 assists and 1.47 points per game in the playoffs.
The only players who have played at least 45 playoff games and averaged more than 0.62 goals per game are Lemieux (0.71) and Mike Bossy (0.66). Maurice Richard also averaged 0.62 goals per game.
The only players who have played at least 45 playoff games and averaged more than 0.84 assists per game are Gretzky (1.25), Lemieux (0.90) and Orr (0.89).
The only players who have played at least 45 playoff games and averaged more than 1.47 points per game are Gretzky (1.84) and Lemieux (1.61).

MacKinnon is producing at a significantly higher rate than in the regular season, where he averages 0.37 goals, 0.61 assists and 0.98 points per game, and this is a player who has excelled in the regular season.

MacKinnon among NHL elite in playoff scoring with Avalanche

Nathan MacKinnon Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Most of the time when someone is given the label of being "a playoff player" there's nothing to back it up. With this guy, oh my!

He's averaging 50% more points per game in the playoffs than regular season.

I remember being at a Florida Panthers game and watching this guy accelerate and move through the opposition. He's similar to Ovechkin in his prime that way. He's not as shifty or as fast as McDavid-nor is he as good a passer IMO. Still, his overall game come playoff time makes the argument of who the best player in the game more difficult. I still side with McDavid, but those who put far more weight on the playoffs than the regular season can make their case that MacKinnon is the best.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Yeah, it's 1) McDavid, 2) MacKinnon, and I don't know who #3 is, but there is a pretty big gap between those top two and #3.

Columbus might have been in the running for MacKinnon or Barkov if not for that 19-5-5 finish.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Guys - as much as I also utterly despise what Scheifele pulled alongside the rest of all y'all, wishing injury on another player is actually against the rules here. Please don't make me have to hand out warnings for it. Thanks.

Reactions: Shaibu

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He’s not wrong but it is what it is. I’m sure something will occur suspension wise but not heavy enough to satisfy everyone out for blood.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He’s not wrong but it is what it is. I’m sure something will occur suspension wise but not heavy enough to satisfy everyone out for blood.

He is wrong..

The way Scheifele stops a goal there is by keeping his stick in front of him. If you make a play for the puck and hit the guy at the same time, it's not a goal and not any kind of infraction, though Evans might still have gotten wrecked. I am not even insisting that Scheifele reach all the way out, which at that speed is dangerous for Scheifele. But he has to keep his stick in front of him or this is just a hit, and it should be assessed just like any other high speed hit on an unsuspecting player would be.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He is wrong..

The way Scheifele stops a goal there is by keeping his stick in front of him. If you make a play for the puck and hit the guy at the same time, it's not a goal and not any kind of infraction, though Evans might still have gotten wrecked. I am not even insisting that Scheifele reach all the way out, which at that speed is dangerous for Scheifele. But he has to keep his stick in front of him or this is just a hit, and it should be assessed just like any other high speed hit on an unsuspecting player would be.
It was wreckless but you need to be aware of your surroundings. Unfortunate incident but not malicious or intentional.

He didn’t take any strides into him. He just happened to be skating in at a high rate of speed from the other end of the ice.

Accidental high speed collision that happened from playing hard. As I said he’ll get suspended but I doubt it is a heavy as people want due to circumstances.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
It was wreckless but you need to be aware of your surroundings. Unfortunate incident but not malicious or intentional.

He didn’t take any strides into him. He just happened to be skating in at a high rate of speed from the other end of the ice.

Accidental high speed collision that happened from playing hard. As I said he’ll get suspended but I doubt it is a heavy as people want due to circumstances.

You're kidding right?

Reactions: CBJWerenski8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad