Around Hockey XV (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I think we still need a veteran D man on this club. Someone kind of like Schultz. I wouldn't have minded keeping him around for another year.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
here's the numbers

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 35m
Isles sign Kulemin 4 yrs/$16.75 M and Grabovski 4 yrs / $20 M

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Isles trying to trade for Phaneuf...there's a team that legit got better (or at least is trying to)

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Isles trying to trade for Phaneuf...there's a team that legit got better (or at least is trying to)

They need to, if they don't make the playoffs Snow and most of the front office are likely fired. Almost losing a top 5 pick for nothing is bad but losing a first rounder that could turn into the next generational player is unconscionable.

3 goals = chili

Jan 14, 2006
Charlotte, NC

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
No wonder Joey is throwing "slap in the face" around when people are splashing that kind of cash. In a world where Brooks Orpik is making $5.5M a year for 5 years as a 33 year old, I myself would be asking for the moon!

Except that cash has nothing to do with the 'slap in the face' comment.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Why did Skille sign with the Islanders? They're so overstocked at forward he'll never get a chance there.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Would have been Springfield with spot duty for us again, IMO ... 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. I think he has a better chance on Long Island.

Which of their forwards would you put him ahead of? I count about 15 on Long Island that are clearly ahead of him. Here he's at least close.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Which of their forwards would you put him ahead of? I count about 15 on Long Island that are clearly ahead of him. Here he's at least close.

You really think the Islanders are that much deeper/better than us?

What's funny is that you're arguing for him and I'm arguing against him, and you're asking me to put him ahead of some of their guys :laugh:

I'll oblige... like with us, he wouldn't be a top-9 guy for them unless someone got hurt. I'd put him below Tavares, Kulemin, Grabner, Grabovski, Bailey, Okposo, Clutterbuck, Strome and Nielsen. I would put him ahead of Boulton, MacDonald, and Martin; and on par with guys like Brock Nelson and Cory Conacher.

Now, I ask: Who are the 15 guys you start ahead of him on Long Island? Because I think our forward group is better and deeper than theirs; with the exception of a couple of guys.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You really think the Islanders are that much deeper/better than us?

What's funny is that you're arguing for him and I'm arguing against him, and you're asking me to put him ahead of some of their guys :laugh:

I'll oblige... like with us, he wouldn't be a top-9 guy for them unless someone got hurt. I'd put him below Tavares, Kulemin, Grabner, Grabovski, Bailey, Okposo, Clutterbuck, Strome and Nielsen. I would put him ahead of Boulton, MacDonald, and Martin; and on par with guys like Brock Nelson and Cory Conacher.

Now, I ask: Who are the 15 guys you start ahead of him on Long Island? Because I think our forward group is better and deeper than theirs; with the exception of a couple of guys.

They're deeper at forward, but not better at anything. Here's how I see 'em on the Isle (yes this is the funnest thing for me when I have insomnia):

Skille is behind the 9 you mention, as well as Nelson (who is like their Boone Jenner, he could be JT's running mate this year), Anders Lee (so far an excellent goal scorer), and Casey Cizikas (a very effective 4th liner). Then he's in the mix with Boulton, MacDonald, Martin and Conacher. I think he deserves a shot ahead of those guys, but he has a two way contract and they don't. We know how that works out.

I like the Isles and check their boards sometimes, Skille isn't close to the top 12 when the fans make their lists, and I think that's probably how their org sees it. Here he'd be on the fourth line or fourth line bubble on most of our proposed lineups.

IHeartZherdev*

still stunned there's no info about Skille's deal out there...i have no clue what he signed for

because no one cares about Jack Skille. Borderline AHL/NHL journeyman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad