Around Hockey XV (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
EspenK said:
Assuming we were the ones playing the Pens in this series I still don't think we beat them unless Bob is Henrik-esque.

We might have beat them (the Pens) if Bob was BOB-esque.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
final 28 seconds of the game and LA basically stacks all 5 other players in the crease. :laugh: Whatever it takes to win I guess, even if it means having 6 goalies.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
This doesn't make hockey look bad.

Yeah it does, it's reaching people that aren't fans, yahoo headline news story, etc. And people that aren't fans just shake their heads and assume hockey is full of a bunch of thugs. So I believe the attention a non-story like this is getting does indeed make hockey look bad to the rest of the public.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yeah it does, it's reaching people that aren't fans, yahoo headline news story, etc. And people that aren't fans just shake their heads and assume hockey is full of a bunch of thugs. So I believe the attention a non-story like this is getting does indeed make hockey look bad to the rest of the public.

If it's your opinion this makes hockey look bad, then it's Lucic's fault. You acknowledge yourself that he should have just shaken hands. This also has nothing to do with "taking him on my team" and everything to do with the fact that he's a first-rate meathead.

Personally, I don't really care how people perceive "hockey." If they're not already fans of the sport, then they're stupid, so why should I give a damn?

For the record, the piece I saw on Yahoo criticized the Habs for being poor sports in their post-game pressers. I might have agreed if it wasn't the writer's intent to use this as a way to cover for Lucic's dopiness.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Compared to legal issues surrounding NBA and NFL players (and owners), this is barely a spec. The fact that it made Yahoo shows this is a slow day for the others and someone wanted to beat a drum to get attention on hockey.

Largely non-fans just don't care. Lucic is a meathead and a sore loser. meh.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Patrick Kane

As many of you may or may not know, I will openly admit to not being a Patrick Kane fan. I think he presents himself as a sideshow, is a distraction from old-time hockey (which I love), and can be a downright cocky punk.

Also as many of you may or may not know (I know I've brought it up here before), Jared Spurgeon is my favorite hockey player, and has been so for the last 7-8 years. He's one of the smartest players I've ever seen, is a classy, soft spoken kid, and is one hell of a player. If he were 4-5 inches taller, he would have probably gone in the top-5 of his draft.

Why do I bring them up in such a tone? See below (skip to the :20 mark for the good stuff):

Patrick Kane teaches us all how to be a respectful and respectable opponent with an honest, up front comment to Jared Spurgeon. He would get respect from me for making this comment to anyone, but to be honest, the fact that it's Spurge just makes it hit home.

Milan Lucic could learn a thing or two...

Kudos, Patrick Kane.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
As many of you may or may not know, I will openly admit to not being a Patrick Kane fan. I think he presents himself as a sideshow, is a distraction from old-time hockey (which I love), and can be a downright cocky punk.

Also as many of you may or may not know (I know I've brought it up here before), Jared Spurgeon is my favorite hockey player, and has been so for the last 7-8 years. He's one of the smartest players I've ever seen, is a classy, soft spoken kid, and is one hell of a player. If he were 4-5 inches taller, he would have probably gone in the top-5 of his draft.

Why do I bring them up in such a tone? See below (skip to the :20 mark for the good stuff):

Patrick Kane teaches us all how to be a respectful and respectable opponent with an honest, up front comment to Jared Spurgeon. He would get respect from me for making this comment to anyone, but to be honest, the fact that it's Spurge just makes it hit home.

Milan Lucic could learn a thing or two...

Kudos, Patrick Kane.

Thats all he said :laugh: :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad