Around Hockey XIX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Gotta say Finland is quickly becoming the 2nd best hockey nation behind Canada. USA, Russia, Sweden may have more all around talent, but Finns play so well together to make up for that talent gap (even though its not that large.) Youngsters in Finland are really propelling that nation forward.

That might happen but I think there's still a ways before they catch US or Sweden. Some of their younger cohorts (like this draft) are incredible, but they'll need more years like that.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I'm glad that Dallas put up a fight but I'm hoping the Blues will eventually win. Unfortunately they have to do it in Dallas. Elliot has worked hard - he should get the win and an appearance in the Conf final.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Nashville completely dominated game 6 after the first period.

Johansen with 3rd goal in series, 5th point.

Sharks feeling the heat of chokings past just like the Ducks.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I'm more concerned by the fact that so far the home team has won each time, and Game 7 is in San Jose.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Haven't seen every Preds game but that's the best I've seen Johansen in these playoffs. I like both of these teams, so it's been interesting watching and noting my rooting interest shift not only game-to-game but within games as well.

Dallas hangs on to force a game 7 in the other series out west. Lehtonen with a ridiculous save with a half-minute or so left in the third to preserve it.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm more concerned by the fact that so far the home team has won each time, and Game 7 is in San Jose.

Extra day of rest looms huge for Preds. They've been playing every other day since the playoffs began. Their total logged travel miles is ridiculous so this extra day couldn't have come at a better time. I had thought that they were done after game 5-they looked completely gassed. They weren't (obviously) but the extra day has to help and the extra day of "thinking" for the Sharks isn't going to be very helpful:

https://coyotesblog.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/list-of-san-jose-sharks-playoff-chokes/

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Haven't seen every Preds game but that's the best I've seen Johansen in these playoffs. I like both of these teams, so it's been interesting watching and noting my rooting interest shift not only game-to-game but within games as well.

Dallas hangs on to force a game 7 in the other series out west. Lehtonen with a ridiculous save with a half-minute or so left in the third to preserve it.

You are redefining "bandwaggoning". Someone had to do it-may as well have been you. Good work.:yo:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You are redefining "bandwaggoning". Someone had to do it-may as well have been you. Good work.:yo:

If it's redefined, maybe it isn't bandwagoning at all. ;) And thank you for recognizing my unique ability to redefine things. Although I resent the idea that someone had to do it. No they didn't, but I damn well thought of it anyway.

So many recent playoff series between two teams I dislike, trying to decide the lesser of two evils, I'm just enjoying this one. So nyah.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If it's redefined, maybe it isn't bandwagoning at all. ;) And thank you for recognizing my unique ability to redefine things. Although I resent the idea that someone had to do it. No they didn't, but I damn well thought of it anyway.

So many recent playoff series between two teams I dislike, trying to decide the lesser of two evils, I'm just enjoying this one. So nyah.
See, for me it's a lot simpler. The Sharks are awesome and I love 'em, unless they're playing the Preds in the playoffs in which case they're dream-killing scum of the earth who must be laid low like the dogs they are. ;)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
See, for me it's a lot simpler. The Sharks are awesome and I love 'em, unless they're playing the Preds in the playoffs in which case they're dream-killing scum of the earth who must be laid low like the dogs they are. ;)

Truth is, I prefer the Preds in a vacuum, too. But the Sharks have that so-close-for-so-long thing going on... Like I said, I'm rooting for them both.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Ovi, Ovi... another year, another 2 round exit...

Kind of sad really. The Caps always seem to roar through the regular season, but can't kick it into that next gear in the play-offs.

Not to mention that they ran into a Penguins team that caught fire late in the season and has carried that through the play-offs. And they seem to have found a young goalie that does not have a habit if choking in the play-offs.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Kind of sad really. The Caps always seem to roar through the regular season, but can't kick it into that next gear in the play-offs.

Not to mention that they ran into a Penguins team that caught fire late in the season and has carried that through the play-offs. And they seem to have found a young goalie that does not have a habit if choking in the play-offs.

Ovechkin's game now seems to be "I have the puck so I skate hard to net and shoot, now I don't have the puck so I'll stand at the top of the circle and wait for someone to pass it to me so I can try a one-timer."

And everyone knows it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Ovechkin's game now seems to be "I have the puck so I skate hard to net and shoot, now I don't have the puck so I'll stand at the top of the circle and wait for someone to pass it to me so I can try a one-timer."

And everyone knows it.

Yes, and everyone's known it for 10+ years, and been unable to stop him. Did the Penguins shut him down? No.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

And everyone knows it.

The tying goal, last night was on a nice first assist from Ovi after he and Carlsen exchanged places at the top of the power play. He also is a wrecking ball along the boards. Sure, he has a favorite spot but he's no one-trick-pony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad