Around Hockey XIX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I hereby declare this to also be the official Jackets Fans On The Predators Bandwagon thread. All subsequent posts must be in support of the Preds; any who fail to comply will be set on fire.

BECAUSE I SAY SO, THAT'S WHY.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I hereby declare this to also be the official Jackets Fans On The Predators Bandwagon thread. All subsequent posts must be in support of the Preds; any who fail to comply will be set on fire.

BECAUSE I SAY SO, THAT'S WHY.

Well, might as well set me on fire now. I like the Preds but love the Sharks.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, might as well set me on fire now. I like the Preds but love the Sharks.
onfire.gif

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
My eyes are going to hurt for awhile because the color schemes the rest of the way will be different than I am used to seeing.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I hope you have a lot of torches ready! I thought we'd just make this the "Joey (fill in the blank) today" thread so I could put it on ignore, lol. On the outside chance anything/anyone else is discussed, I continue to follow for now. ;)

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Give me a Washington-St. Louis final. Washington-San Jose is also acceptable.

Least acceptable for me: Isles-Preds final. :sueme:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
My pre-season prediction was Nashville-Washington in the final, but I'm rooting for San Jose - New York Islanders.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Lol.
Hawks are about to sign the Czech Dman who is playing in the KHL. I think I saw Dregger say that he thinks this guy could be a top 4-5 Dman in the league as soon as next year.

Small market teams really have no chance, rich get rich, poor get poorer. Chicago will probably trade away someone and escape the cap yet again with the signing.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Lol.
Hawks are about to sign the Czech Dman who is playing in the KHL. I think I saw Dregger say that he thinks this guy could be a top 4-5 Dman in the league as soon as next year.

Small market teams really have no chance, rich get rich, poor get poorer. Chicago will probably trade away someone and escape the cap yet again with the signing.

There are serious concerns they won't have the cap space to re-sign Shaw and will have to trade away his rights a la Saad.

Until the cap substantially increases, the Kane/Toews deals will hamper their ability to add valuable depth. Obviously, the Keith/Hossa deals are now extremely team-friendly in terms of cap.

But they have 8 forwards and 5 D signed (plus Bickell buried) and they're already almost at $67 million. Two minimum D (which wouldn't be great, but...whatever) puts them in the $68.5m range. That's ~$5.5m to sign 5 forwards and Shaw will probably want $3m+ at worst.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Lol.

Didn't it just say they are in the mix? And, one can't be surprised, Chicago has a good model going on.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jarmo just snagged us Kukan, who might be a #4/5 next year, so I don't exactly feel jealous of cap-strapped Chicago which might be in the running for a Czech D who might be a #4/5 next year.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Jarmo just snagged us Kukan, who might be a #4/5 next year, so I don't exactly feel jealous of cap-strapped Chicago which might be in the running for a Czech D who might be a #4/5 next year.

I read that quote as him being a top 5 OVERALL defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln