Around Hockey XIX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Lost in the controversial OT goal is the fact that Edmonton somehow blew a three goal lead in under 3 and a half minutes.

That's so terrible, it's impressive.
And at one of the worst possible points in the series, too.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
..........Edmonton somehow blew a three goal lead in under 3 and a half minutes.

Yea.....just imagine.

a. Canadian franchise

b. First playoff run in 10 years.

c. Opportunity to take 3-1 stranglehold on series

and then........

..........Edmonton somehow blew a three goal lead in under 3 and a half minutes.

I bet there were broken televisions, car wrecks, enough swear words to make Satan blush, and probably a couple slashed wrists that showed up in the emergency room.

That's enough to make make an entire Canadian city melt down.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I have it on good authority that he's a "fake #1 center".

Wish the CBJ had such a "fake". Oops, they did:shakehead
Good ****ing G-d Almighty, hon. Tons of us were furious at the idea of trading him, yet I swear you're the only one who hasn't been able to move on. Give it a damned rest already.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I really think the Caps broke MAF last game and are just pouring it on him now in game 6. I think the Caps can finally do it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Shoutout to the 7,000 real pre-Crosby Pens fans who watched the two goals Guentzel and Malkin scored. That place cleaned out quickly.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Miss that dude. I'm really happy he's having success, though.

Weird to think...he signed for 3 years/$5.4m and six days later, we signed Calvert to a 3 year/$6.6m deal.

Obviously they play different roles, have different strengths, etc. but damn...for $400k less per year we could have signed Letestu?? (from what I recall, we were only willing to give him two years, he got three from EDM)

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Weird to think...he signed for 3 years/$5.4m and six days later, we signed Calvert to a 3 year/$6.6m deal.

Obviously they play different roles, have different strengths, etc. but damn...for $400k less per year we could have signed Letestu?? (from what I recall, we were only willing to give him two years, he got three from EDM)

Yeah it's really too bad we couldn't bring him back. IIRC he was set on leaving until Anisimov was traded, and then negotiations between the FO and Letestu began to pick back up (and got close to being done until Edmonton swooped in and offered that extra year )

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
+1

The Caps are the only team left I would want to see win a Cup.
Sad_puppy.jpeg

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006

Sorry Viqsi, I still haven't emotionally recovered from the Timonen dump in that Denis just fumbled into a goal.

It would be funny to see Subban lift the Cup as a big eff you to Montreal, but that's about it.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
There will probably be some "more than minor" changes to the Capitals next year.

Washington Capitals Expiring Contracts
Player|Cap Hit|Status
||
Forwards ||
T. J. Oshie|4.5|UFA
Justin Williams|3.25|UFA
E. Kuznetov|3.4|RFA
Daniel Winnik|1.8|UFA
Andre Burakovsky|.83|RFA
Brett Connolly|.85|RFA
||
Defense ||
Karl Alzner|2.8|UFA
Demetri Orlov|2.5|RFA
Nate Schmidt|.8|RFA
||
Goalie ||
Phillip Grubauer|.8|RFA

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
There will probably be some "more than minor" changes to the Capitals next year.

Washington Capitals Expiring Contracts
Player|Cap Hit|Status
||
Forwards ||
T. J. Oshie|4.5|UFA
Justin Williams|3.25|UFA
E. Kuznetov|3.4|RFA
Daniel Winnik|1.8|UFA
Andre Burakovsky|.83|RFA
Brett Connolly|.85|RFA
||
Defense ||
Karl Alzner|2.8|UFA
Demetri Orlov|2.5|RFA
Nate Schmidt|.8|RFA
||
Goalie ||
Phillip Grubauer|.8|RFA

Does letting Oshie and Williams leave via FA give them enough dough to re-sign Kuznetsov and Burakovsky (I know they're both RFA)? On the surface, that's what I'd be looking for. However, the team may have more of a take-stock, what's our window approach. Most expect Grubauer is going to Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad