Around Hockey XIX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I don't know about $$, but I think the term will be short. I just always had this feeling he wanted to go back and play for the Canucks. I think he wants UFA status that he can sign there.

He never said such a thing....it was just a funny feeling I always had. Regardless, I wish him well. I'm very happy with Jones in Columbus and Wennberg's production since the trade.

Johansen is one of those guys you don't want to lose because he's a good player, so you feel you kind of have to pay him, but in a cap league do you really want a large chunk of your payroll going to him? I wouldn't. It kind of reminds me of paying Nash huge money... good two way player but never seemed to have the competitive fire to move his game to the next level or improve on his earlier years (although in Rick's case, the franchise's drafting and player development during his era didn't help matters).

Really happy to have Jones.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Unfortunately Cam is still the same way.. everyone knows what he's doing on a shootout attempt. Never lifts the puck.

Well Cam does try to deke left as a variation, but never seems to score on it.

And then when he goes back to the right, he does score.

It's so fast that goalies can know all of that and still get beat, even when they know that his deke to the right is his move.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

No olympics. What a tragic day for hockey.

It is probably still a negotiating tactic at this point but it doesn't look good.

Will be interested to see what guys like Ovi, who is on record as going regardless, will do if push comes to shove.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Play it in the Summer Olympics. More hockey for the fans, no NHL disruptions, and the players still get most of their off-season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Play it in the Summer Olympics. More hockey for the fans, no NHL disruptions, and the players still get most of their off-season.

Hockey in August would be...odd..It's not a summer sport. It won't work that way. Plus hockey was the biggest sport in the Winter olympics, doubt the Olympics wants to move it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It is probably still a negotiating tactic at this point but it doesn't look good.

Will be interested to see what guys like Ovi, who is on record as going regardless, will do if push comes to shove.

Leonsis has backed Ovi before, so if he gives him his blessing I'm sure there won't be anything. But if Leonsis says no....

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This is what happens when you put corporations in charge of a treasured game. :shakehead

I'd love to see some job action by the players.
Perhaps learn a thing from Team USA women.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
LETANG OUT 4-6months

Best oppurtunity Columbus could give themselves in a series with Pitt is to beat up that D core at every oppurtunity. They showed last year they can come together without much starpower but gotta beat them up and make their life miserable

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Hockey in August would be...odd..It's not a summer sport. It won't work that way. Plus hockey was the biggest sport in the Winter olympics, doubt the Olympics wants to move it.

I agree with this 100%. The NHL and the NBA seasons almost line up exactly over the winter. But basketball gets to play in the summer Olympics.

I understand winter sports/ice/tv ratings....... I get all that. Tell you what....let's make a real debate out of this issue.......tell the NBA they will compete in the winter Olympics and they have to shut their league down for 3 weeks so that 15% of their league players can play for their country. Let's hear what teams, fans, and consessionaires have to say about that.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
They won. Leafs had a chance to steal one and couldn't do it. Wonder if that impacts the psyche of a young team. That 5-on-3 in the first...woof.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Figured the Leafs wouldn't hang on to win.. sure enough.

Of all people, heck of a shot from Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad