Around Hockey XII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
From Puckrakers:

"-- Good to see Danny Gare today. He's still doing worth with the Buffalo Sabres, but he's also invested in "CoachMePlus," a company which markets software that helps clubs keep track of the players' workouts during the off-season. Players wear sensor patches during their daily workouts, then send the results via cellphone to a database kept and analyzed by the club. (The days of clubs and suds have come to end for hockey players.)"

What, no lasers?

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The Hawks beat the Wings.... That is one reason I want them to advance. As for the Pitt/Broon series... Crosby is a guy I just don't care for..

I want an original six Stanley Cup final...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I adopted Boston as my choice after last night. Crosby is a dirty and whiny player. And Rask was Bobesque. That feels good comparing an excellent performance to a Jacket. May be a first.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
LA is playing like a cheap date over a weekend in Rio.... Being cautuous not to jinx the Hawks the chances of winning a NHL playoff series after getting beat the first two games is less than 20%....

Go Hawks....

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I hope our old friend mt-svk has been able to enjoy the play of her countryman, Marion Hossa, this playoff season. Much of the time, he's been the best player on the ice, creating offensive chances whenever he's out there and playing smart defense in his own end. Wasn't he perceived as a Cup jinx before the Hawks won it? Not anymore! I really enjoy watching him play and I hope she's having the chance to watch him, too.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I hope our old friend mt-svk has been able to enjoy the play of her countryman, Marion Hossa, this playoff season. Much of the time, he's been the best player on the ice, creating offensive chances whenever he's out there and playing smart defense in his own end. Wasn't he perceived as a Cup jinx before the Hawks won it? Not anymore! I really enjoy watching him play and I hope she's having the chance to watch him, too.

Yeah he chased it for a couple seasons, ending up on the wrong side of the Wings and Pens winners in '08 and '09. The Pens fan in me joined the understandable schadenfreude at him missing out the second year. Despite this, he has always been among me favorite NHL players. His combination of skill and hockey IQ makes him a rare talent, and I think he's always been a little overlooked.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Also hybrid icing will be tried in the preseason, and the nets have been made shallower.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I Like it. Gives the players more room behind the net to work. More chances for wrap arounds and such. At worst i can't think of one negative outcome.

The only negative I've heard is the possibility that some shots could go in and out too quickly to see. Doesn't seem like a realistic problem to me.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Was nice to see Carter get jacked in the face after that ******** he was pulling. Hopefully the double minor doesn't bite the hawks in the ass.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
I want an original six Stanley Cup final...

Hell Yes, I want an Arenas vs Wanderers final.

Hell I'd settle for a Senators vs Canadiens final.

Either of those would be better than the teams currently available, and match your definition of an "Original" team.

Why do we as hockey fans use such an incorrect term as "Original Six" Why are we so happy to forget the true original teams that were there at the team's founding? Why are expansion teams that came into the league 20 or 30 years after it's founding considered "Original?"

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Hell Yes, I want an Arenas vs Wanderers final.

Hell I'd settle for a Senators vs Canadiens final.

Either of those would be better than the teams currently available, and match your definition of an "Original" team.

Why do we as hockey fans use such an incorrect term as "Original Six" Why are we so happy to forget the true original teams that were there at the team's founding? Why are expansion teams that came into the league 20 or 30 years after it's founding considered "Original?"

All entertainers come original.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Arniel interviewing in Vancouver? Oh, would I love for that guy to end up there. Love the city but don't like their team, it would be a great addition with that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00