Around Hockey XII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm rooting for the Hawks tonight, because

1) Hate the Wings.

2) Chicago-LA, Boston-Pittsburgh will be four heavyweights in the conference finals. I can't remember the last time we had four elite teams in the end.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Interview with Clint Malarchuk

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...road-recovery-latest-30-30-documentary-series

Having seen the footage and knowing the story, I found this extremely interesting. I don't think I'd ever seen/heard Clint Malarchuk talking about his injury or the things that he went through afterwards, and to hear it from him is pretty incredible. The thing I found the most amazing was at the very end, about what could have happened with just a little more momentum. Kudos to the team's trainer, Jim Pizzutelli (a Vietnam War veteran) for having the intelligence and experience to know exactly what to do.

Warning: graphic footage.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Fun facts:

Chicago is 0-1 all-time in Game 7 OTs (2011 @ Vancouver)

Detroit is 4-1 all-time, and 1-1 in the last 48 years. Their last loss was in 1993 against Toronto (Nikolai Borschevsky), their last win was in 1996 against St. Louis (Steve Yzerman). They've previously defeated Toronto, Montreal, and NY Rangers; they've never played Chicago or Boston in this scenario.

Yzerman's goal was the last time in the NHL that a Game 7 OT goal was scored beyond the first overtime.

This is the first time that a Game 7 OT has taken place after the first round since 2009 (Carolina and Boston, goal by Scott Walker).

Just in case, the last time that a defenseman scored a Game 7 OT goal was in 2001 (Darius Kasparaitis, Pittsburgh v. Buffalo)

No Game 7 OT goal has ever been scored shorthanded. The last power play goal was in 2004 (Martin Gelinas, Calgary v. Vancouver)

Game 7 OT goals have been scored in the first, second, and fourth OT periods. None has ever been scored in the third OT, or in the fifth or later.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Can't believe that warranted a whistle in a Game 7 playoff game. Not even sure that gets a whistle in a regular season game

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Can't believe that warranted a whistle in a Game 7 playoff game. Not even sure that gets a whistle in a regular season game

Personally, I think the hit by Bolland to start the play would be substantially more likely to warrant a regular season whistle than the actual coincidental penalties.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Fun facts:

Chicago is 0-1 all-time in Game 7 OTs (2011 @ Vancouver)

Detroit is 4-1 all-time, and 1-1 in the last 48 years. Their last loss was in 1993 against Toronto (Nikolai Borschevsky), their last win was in 1996 against St. Louis (Steve Yzerman). They've previously defeated Toronto, Montreal, and NY Rangers; they've never played Chicago or Boston in this scenario.

Yzerman's goal was the last time in the NHL that a Game 7 OT goal was scored beyond the first overtime.

This is the first time that a Game 7 OT has taken place after the first round since 2009 (Carolina and Boston, goal by Scott Walker).

Just in case, the last time that a defenseman scored a Game 7 OT goal was in 2001 (Darius Kasparaitis, Pittsburgh v. Buffalo)No Game 7 OT goal has ever been scored shorthanded. The last power play goal was in 2004 (Martin Gelinas, Calgary v. Vancouver)

Game 7 OT goals have been scored in the first, second, and fourth OT periods. None has ever been scored in the third OT, or in the fifth or later.

:handclap:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Thank God Chicago won that game

That was one of the worst calls that I can remember seeing in any sport. For the ref behind the play to call offsetting penalties negating a clear scoring opportunity was complete bs. No punches were being thrown.

Hate the Wings with a bloody passion.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
tumblr_lvm93p2E3W1qbryxuo1_400.png

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I hope Jeff Carter sprains his cavernous lady parts and is unable to play.

Also,

**** you Jeff Carter.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I hope Jeff Carter sprains his cavernous lady parts and is unable to play.

Also,

**** you Jeff Carter.

Seconded, and seconded (thirded?)

Go Pens. I dislike all other teams around, but probably the least of which the Hawks...

1. Pittsburgh

2. Chicago

3. Boston

4. LA Queens.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 46 s
Rangers announce both Ryan Callahan and Carl Hagelin underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in their left shoulders.

I always thought labrums were lower and that only ladies had them. Learn something new everyday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00