Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Vegas are big favourites in West. While Dallas for sure have some nice talent on their team, they have been lucky. Had Colorado managed to get decent goaltending they would have gone through. Losing Johnson didn't help them either.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hey folks, just wanted to say thank you for the support on the Main & Canucks Board. It did not go unnoticed that many of you lurked & “liked”. It was definitely appreciated how some of you also Posted your support in the Canucks GDT’s.

Only positive feelings & love to you all as we head into our Off Season.
B6D2D481-6A66-4ECB-B9AC-BA133AB59C15.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

One of the hottest topics in Russian hockey in recent seasons has been the imposition of a hard salary cap. In previous seasons, the KHL and the Russian Hockey Federation imposed a ‘soft’ cap on teams, with a progressively stricter regime in place season on season. This year sees the first season of an inflexible limit, set at 900 million rubles (just over US$12 million) per team.

Opinion is divided. Supporters believe it will lead to a more competitive league, with leading players shared more evenly among the clubs. Opponents fear that it will make it harder for the KHL to keep Russian players at home, or to attract high-quality imports from Europe and North America, potentially sparking a drain on talent that will reduce the overall level of the league and hamper team Russia’s development.

For some players, such as Olympic champion Nikita Nesterov, the new rules have made it difficult to find an employer: at present, the 27-year-old defenceman does not have a club for the coming season after failing to agree terms with CSKA.

A week into the KHL season and former Lightning dman Nikita Nesterov is still not signed and currently not playing. Since leaving the NHL after the 2017 season, Nesterov has been a Gagarin Cup Champion, Olympic gold medalist, KHL first team all star, and was captain of CSKA. There was some talk over the summer that he was looking to play in the NHL again.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Boston fans are absolutely losing it that Tampa is up 2-0 :laugh:
Yeah, kind of funny how many of them think we're a dirty team with a crybaby coach.... and then you look at the only Cup they have in the salary cap era whose claim to fame was making the final series about anything but hockey WITH CLAUDE JULIEN AS THE COACH. What world do these fans inhabit?

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've had 3 years to digest the look and I still think the Knights' jerseys are absolutely hideous right down to their Boba Fett logo. And no I don't think the same colored Canucks jerseys of the 90's were good either.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I've had 3 years to digest the look and I still think the Knights' jerseys are absolutely hideous right down to their Boba Fett logo. And no I don't think the same colored Canucks jerseys of the 90's were good either.
I wouldn't say it's hideous (there are certain teams I know), but it does feel very 'expansion team', if that makes any sense.

The white doesn't look as bad as the gray.

The Knights embrace this really gaudy cartoon of a medieval motif. How are we all not going to be making fun of this in 20 years?
practice rink
part of arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad