Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Everything about Vegas is cringe. At least Seattle looks to have nice uniforms and logo, despite the stupid name.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Weird how Benn just finally started deciding to be good at hockey again.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Dallas up 3-1 out West. This couldn't be shaping up much more favorably for us. Hopefully we do our part.

Vegas is offensively challenged.

They hit the post three times in the last two games and 246 of their last 254 shots on net have been stopped. That's a .969 Sv% against. They're snakebitten right now. Run into two hot goaltenders in a row.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I can't understand how Dallas keeps winning these games..they have for sures hot players but as a team they look rather average.
Well, they just did it again and any hope we had that the WCF series would go seven and we might get some rest and recovery time for Pointer (if we take care of biz tomorrow night) just went out the window. Even more important now that we finish off Isles but no matter what, we're getting the short end of the recovery stick this time.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Knights are really losing their shine in hurry. This was one of the uglier runs to Conference Final I've seen in some time. They were a bad bounce from getting clowned by Vancouver and beat themselves in this round almost as much as Dobby did.

LMFAO at the late censor on the DeBoer presser played like *beep* SHIT

bwahahahaha

Reactions: Hoek and gn2007

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
The Knights are really losing their shine in hurry. This was one of the uglier runs to Conference Final I've seen in some time. They were a bad bounce from getting clowned by Vancouver and beat themselves in this round almost as much as Dobby did.

LMFAO at the late censor on the DeBoer presser played like *beep* SHIT

bwahahahaha

I'm not going to pretend I was paying the most attention to some of these games, so take what I'm going to say with a grain of salt, but just in the case of tonight's game, right at the start of OT, NBC showed a graphic showing that, in terms of offensive zone time tonight, it was almost a dead heat (right around 25 minutes for each team) in regulation. So even if Las Vegas outshot Dallas by about 10 shots on goal in regulation, the puck possession game was much closer to 50/50 than that.

Which is to say, it's often easy to look at shots on goal as a proxy for which team has been controlling play. That was the basis for Corsi and Fenwick in their original forms many years ago, after all. But just winning the shooting battle doesn't necessarily mean you're the team controlling play. Often times it does, but not always. I can't speak well for tonight's game because I was watching the Steelers/Giants game a little more closely for the most part than the hockey game.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
A little concerning how tilted the games have been in the shot department. Vegas bombarded them but nothing went in. I’m not sure about the quality of their shots but that doesn’t spell fun for us in case we make it.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
A little concerning how tilted the games have been in the shot department. Vegas bombarded them but nothing went in. I’m not sure about the quality of their shots but that doesn’t spell fun for us in case we make it.
Vegas took a lot of perimeter shots. They also don't have any finishers. When their offense dry's up it REALLY dry's up.

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The UK's top pro league skips 20/21.

The Asian league is also just having their teams play in domestic leagues this year.

Burgerchev

Mar 4, 2019
On today's episode of the Hockey Central podcast, Jeff Marek implied that - without going into specifics - Dallas is working through quite a few injuries right now and is a "team held together by duct tape". Also said Seguin is injured. It was all a little vague, but if true then maybe we don't Point at 100% to win the SCF (if we make it there)...

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
On today's episode of the Hockey Central podcast, Jeff Marek implied that - without going into specifics - Dallas is working through quite a few injuries right now and is a "team held together by duct tape". Also said Seguin is injured. It was all a little vague, but if true then maybe we don't Point at 100% to win the SCF (if we make it there)...
I listened to it.

Seguin isn't injured for sure. That was just speculation.

Burgerchev

Mar 4, 2019
I listened to it.

Seguin isn't injured for sure. That was just speculation.

Seemed a little more definitive than total speculation. Didn't Marek say he had a source or was talking to someone in the know? Regardless Seguin has never been a playoff performer.

Probably just wishful thinking but who knows

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Seemed a little more definitive than total speculation. Didn't Marek say he had a source or was talking to someone in the know? Regardless Seguin has never been a playoff performer.

Probably just wishful thinking but who knows
I listened live, so that was a few hours ago. They did seem pretty certain that there was an injury.

I don't know if he's really not a playoff performer. He did it in junior. His Boston years he was pretty immature. Then in Dallas he barely plays any playoff games the first four years. Finally, last year he puts up 11 pts in 13 games. The capability is there.

Burgerchev

Mar 4, 2019
I listened live, so that was a few hours ago. They did seem pretty certain that there was an injury.

I don't know if he's really not a playoff performer. He did it in junior. His Boston years he was pretty immature. Then in Dallas he barely plays any playoff games the first four years. Finally, last year he puts up 11 pts in 13 games. The capability is there.

All good points... Hopefully he finds some time other than this year to figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->