Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
@LEAFANFORLIFE23 just said in a main board thread that Boston won't find another Bergeron-level player in the second round, so...

Guess Boston is going to get another Bergeron-level player in the second round.

Goddamn it.... and it's not like that wasn't any more unrealistic than the Penguins going into full tank mode after Crosby's retirement and lucking into yet another generational talent.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I like the media using 'Ayers FIRST NHL win'.

What I'm interested in is the future of EBUGs. ECHL teams use them extensively (on the bench). Orlando has a guy named Bobby Fowler that acts as our house goalie. He's fairly decent in practices actually.

We also had a situation (a tv game unfortunately) where our asst. equipment manager had to go into a game. He stopped all six shots, but that situation should have never been created.

Other markets like SC and Idaho have recently retired (actually quite good) players who strap the pads back on. I could see the NHL looking at that. Mathieu Garon may be getting a call from Kay Whitmore pretty soon.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
After a loss like that, I feel like they’d rather be playing today to turn the page as fast as possible. Change the headlines. Unfortunate for them they don’t play til Tuesday night.

We will see though. Maybe this will won’t go away for a while. We have a chance to make things worse for them with a win like we had in October (7-3)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

This feels like an overreaction. There should be well thought-out plans, but practice goalies are going to deplete the minor leagues.

Sure, what happens if a second EBUG is needed is a valid question. What happens if the EBUG playing gets injured? It can go on and on. At some point, you just can't play anymore, and that needs to be considered.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The Ayers story is hilarious, it's not like this guy played for 10mins, he got nearly half an NHL game including a full period from a top-5 offense that was behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad